Incredible's battery life is not incredible

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
took my phone of the charger at 9am.. around 9.45 it was down 10% ..

five min. call and looking at emails..

just disabled flickr completely.. will see how that goes..

this is not my first smartphone but the battery should not drop off 100% seconds after taking it off the charger.. i had a battery widget that showed percentage.. took it off the charger, five sec. later at 98%.. that seems a little ridiculous..

blvck_scvle

Reaction score
I just got my Incredible yesterday...bought the phone and it was working when i left verizon at about 40% got home and charged it...took a quick half hour nap and checked on it...It wouldn't turn on and when i had it plugged into the wall the amber recharge light wasn't even on so I wasn't sure if it was getting a charge...went back to the store and switched the battery out and it was working again...now i'm having the same problem where the battery died and i have it plugged into the wall and the red recharge light isn't on...any suggestions?

Seems like it is not charging. May need another charger.

i've tried my home charger with 2 different USB cords and my car charger

tracerprix

Reaction score
Well now my battery is lasting much much longer. I stopped by the local verizon store and asked for a extended battery and a dock. They had neither. I told them that my battery was not lasting for more than 5 hours. She asked if I had task killer. I said no. She installed it and I had MANY programs running and was killing my battery. Now my battery is lasting so much longer.

Mike

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well now my battery is lasting much much longer. I stopped by the local verizon store and asked for a extended battery and a dock. They had neither. I told them that my battery was not lasting for more than 5 hours. She asked if I had task killer. I said no. She installed it and I had MANY programs running and was killing my battery. Now my battery is lasting so much longer.

Mike
Eghhh task killers :(... Maybe it's sense? Did you guys try running it with sense turned off?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

Mike

skeptical..... i took mine off the charge at 9am today.. its now 7pm .. its at 50%...

ive only really had 5min of a call.. but alot of texts.. with my gf.. reading emails. surfed a bit.. i had to reboot too.. the browser hung up on me for some reason.. wouldnt pull a page up.. which a reboot fixed.. 10hrs at 50% is ok i think.. i havent been looking at it all day..

Chewy

Reaction score
OK found a solution that worked for me. I had terrible battery charge last night. Went to bed at 90% and woke up to 20%. I turned off Flickr. Went into Gmail Account Settings and killed the Calendar sync (don't use it at all). Then I changed from Live Wallpaper.

Made a world of difference to me. Charged this morning, used it on and off all day and finally am at 50%. I am happy with this now.

DeekBoy

Reaction score
13 and a half hours on one charge with some heavy texting... internet use and the works. i decided to just turn my internet off when im not using it... randomly getting on to check email and what not. makes a huge difference

kenny1244

Reaction score
13 and a half hours on one charge with some heavy texting... internet use and the works. i decided to just turn my internet off when im not using it... randomly getting on to check email and what not. makes a huge difference

how did you do that?

blvck_scvle

Reaction score
I found out something was wrong with the actual phone and it wasn't charging...so I exchanged it out for a new one

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
I know some people think task killers are BS but I've been using them and I see my phone lasting much longer than what others have experienced.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my battery lasted from 9am to 11pm.. i had 20% or 30% left... i started to play games at the end of the nite to intentionally drain it..

i basically did heavy texting today, reading email.. installed two apps, ocassional surfing.. and couple calls .. short calls .. max talk time of 6min.

im fine with the battery.

disabled flickr tho..

ChansteR

Reaction score
My battery life has been pretty good.

After texting, browsing, usnig google maps and basic moderate use for a full day, I had bout 60% left from 2 pm to 2 pm the NEXT day. About 8 hours of that was sleeping though and mostly in standby but I was impressed.

JayT

Reaction score
It's been all of 1h 19m since I unplugged my phone (fully charged) and I'm already at 88% battery. I haven't even placed a call! :icon_evil:

Battery use shows:
  • Cell standby 43%
  • Idle 41%
  • Android system 9%
  • chompSMS 4%
  • Display 3%

Did the *228 and restart as suggested. I have barely used it in the last 90 min, and no calls. Now 1h 28m later, I am at 91% battery:

• Cell standby 47%
  • Idle 46%
  • Android system 5%
  • Display 2%

<sigh>

Again that sounds like a signal issue. Normally when Cell standby is through the roof like that it means that the transceiver is working its' ass off to maintain a good signal. Seems that even though you have 4 bars the phone is working hard as hell to maintain that level. Could be a firmware issue, could be HTC's antennas aren't quite as good as some others. Who knows. I am sure that when more people start pulling stats there will be a more definitive answer and hopefully a simple baseband flash to fix the issue.

Cell standby is on the top of my list at 35%. I just clicked on it and noticed it says 'Time without a signal - 45%'

OP
T

tempo

Reaction score
Can I program my phone to reboot nightly at 3am? i.e. so that I start everyday fresh.

Task killers are all fine and well for what they do, but I would argue that it's bad design in the first place that some apps have no Quit or Exit option at all. Really you shouldn't expect the average consumer to have to kill a process with a 3rd party app, let alone know what a process is.

jpoutre

Reaction score
I have one question (call me a dumb noob, this is my first day with a smartphone). But I was playing Pandora going into work and would like to stop the app so when I leave my car, it's not playing. I know I can just hit pause but if I am done with it until the end of the day, I don't want it sitting there paused. I could not find a way to exit the app (maybe there is and I missed it). In this case, I would like to exit the app. I had to power down / power up the phone to remove it (I found advanced task killer after this) and will only use it for things like this.

Am I missing something?

If you must kill the app. which isn't necessary, btw. Go to settings, manage applications, running services, and then just scroll through and tap on Pandora. Dead. Thats it.

You could also tap MENU --> Quit on Pandora. Works like a charm.

I am a big DUH head. I did menu and it's there. Sorry to waste everyone's time with that one, I am still getting used to the interface and have to get used to checking that Menu button.