Incredible failure

scottzilla

Reaction score
My Dinc is going back tomorrow. Constantly shutting down and rebooting. Now it will not even connect for a phone call. Oddly, the other features continue to work.
The kid in the Verizon store told me to do a hard factory reset. Lost all of my contacts. Called Verizon today and they are overnighting a refurbished Inc.
Not impressed; device lasted 7 months.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why did you lose your contacts? Not sync'ed with Google?

mauiblue

Reaction score
Got my original Incredible in July 2010. Just last week I got it replaced as it rebooted randomly for the last two weeks. Freaking frustrating. Got a refurb and all is well. All my contacts was restored via Google and Backup Assistant. My original phone was rooted and I was able to restore it to factory settings prior to returning it. I will be keeping the replacement phone stock just because.

The feeling is mutual as I am unimpressed by how long the original one lasted. I'm glad I do have insurance/extended warranty on it.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
that boot loop was a pretty often talked about issue for a while. I had to send one back for it last summer and my new one has not done it since. Remeber, they give us a 1 year warranty and it really is a no hassle process to get a replacement. As far as contacts, if you lost them then that is on you. You could have all of your contacts to google or used backup assistant to restore your contacts

Chris

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
I did what Verizon told me to do. I have a google account but apparently did not have the right buttons checked off. Verizon assured me I would not lose them and I did. I'm not looking to argue but i'm just a consumer, they are the experts.
The kid at Verizon also told me the apps are to blame. All Apps are 3rd party and the only way to avoid this problem is to not install any apps.:icon_eek: Can you believe that?:)

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I stand corrected then. Sounds like you tried. The kid is wrong, has nothing to do with apps. It is a problem with the software. I spent alot of time with top tier tech support and with htc and none of them could fix mine. Ever since it was replaced it has not done it with all the same apps and probably 30 more on top.
Chris

OP
S

scottzilla

Reaction score
I got a kick out of the kid telling me about the apps. Verizon tech support apologized and seemed to understand the concept of an expensive device actually working with Apps.:) They were "NOT aware" of this problem with the Dinc.:angry:

As of right now my phone is unable to place and receive texts and phone calls. Other functions work but watching vids on the web causes teh phone to reboot as does using navigation.
I'm not looking forward to relearrning how to get this phone back to how I like it.:icon_evil:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You'll find the "experts" at vzw are few are far between....

RTDub

Reaction score
Hey gang, first time poster, but it looks like you all have done it for me. The OP describes exactly what happened to me, except I also had sporadic video failure (blue screen flash). Just received my new Incredible this morning (overnight, as promised by VZW), and the problem is gone. At first I thought rooting was the culprit, but thinking this is almost certainly a hardware issue. Never dropped, never wet, ran flawlessly and then just plain died.

Also went by the store, and the techs there are will give you a different answer depending on the time of day. One said Lookout was the problem and to uninstall it, said it interfered with 3G as I was also experienced what looked like a network outage.