Real hardware failure?

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Ran my battery down to zero yesterday. Phone shut down. Now it won't power up, no matter what permutation of hard reset, battery removal or charging it all night I use....

Is this a real hardware failure on this phone? I got it last week. Verizon should be willing to replace it, am I right? :blackdroid:

D

dankarlinski

plug it into the wall and see if you get a charging light. if you dont, give them a call. this should not be a problem as it is hardware. i had my D2 replaced a few times for touch screen sensor issues

leobg

Reaction score
Battery might have gone into deep discharge. Plug the phone and leave it plugged for at least a hour. You should eventually manage to get it out of this state. Could be the charger as well! Try another charger, but make sure it is rated for at least 850mA. Higher output - better (this won't hurt the phone - it will draw as much as required).
I am pretty sure the phone is just fine.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Were you charging the phone via pc or wall. If it was through pc try charging it through a wall outlet for a few hours. When a pc goes into sleep/hibernation mode it shuts down most functions including power over USB. Then the phone will not charge. Also try to use the wall adapter that came with the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

leobg

Reaction score
PC port will not be able to kick start deeply discharged battery as current supplied is only 550mA (at best). You have to use the wall charger, preferrably the original (850mA) or better (some blackberry chargers for example supply 1000mA).

Reaction score
This happened to me I charged the phone up to 70% and it still wouldn't turn on I had to restore a back up using clockwork.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
shagoyjo

shagoyjo

Reaction score
Alright to clarify, I was recharging via wall. Secondly, my phone wouldn't even get to the big white m, much less clockwork recovery. I took it in and they replaced it no questions asked. Since nobody else seems to be having this problem I'm going to assume it's a fluke.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk