Incredibile - exactly that

smithrep

Reaction score
I just wanted to say I traded in my Droid this morning and got the Incredible. This phone is amazing. I love it more than any other phone I've had before. I was a Blackberry lover before, but this takes the cake!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice glad your happy with it! I still have my droid because I am rooted and REALLY want to hack it more than I already did haha...

jcardona1

Reaction score
awesome! really wish i could get rid of this POS droid and get the incredible! :( damn contracts haha

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife just starting using my old BlackBerry Curve 8330 and after playing around with it for a few minutes, I will never complain about my Droid. That BB was painful to navigate through with constant hangups. Anyway, glad you like your new phone and welcome to the forum!

jasonb

Reaction score
just got my incredible. it is really nice!

jcardona1

Reaction score
awesome! really wish i could get rid of this POS droid and get the incredible! :( damn contracts haha

Another person whom I can guarantee never owned a Blackberry Storm.
youre right, i never did. but what the crap does that have to do with my liking or not liking my phone? i can form my opinion based off this phone and this phone alone. i dont need other phones or past experiences to decide whether i like my current phone or not.

jpoutre

Reaction score
And mine was delivered this morning. Problem is I am at work and have to go to a function at my daughter's school after work so it will be probably 8pm tonight before I see it. I can't wait (coming from flip phone, so this is exciting for me).

pyro6128

Reaction score

youre right, i never did. but what the crap does that have to do with my liking or not liking my phone? i can form my opinion based off this phone and this phone alone. i dont need other phones or past experiences to decide whether i like my current phone or not.

Haha jeez, someone has a massive load of sand lodged down below. He was just saying the that storm sucked so badly that if you had a storm and then a droid you would most likely notice the huge difference. I never had blackberry myself. But what I don't understand is that you had 30 days to decide if you liked the phone or not, you should have just returned it and gotten a brand new cutting edge enV2.

jcardona1

Reaction score

Haha jeez, someone has a massive load of sand lodged down below. He was just saying the that storm sucked so badly that if you had a storm and then a droid you would most likely notice the huge difference. I never had blackberry myself. But what I don't understand is that you had 30 days to decide if you liked the phone or not, you should have just returned it and gotten a brand new cutting edge enV2.
and all im saying is, who cares what phone i had before. my 30 days were up long ago. besides, during the first 30 days i though this was the greatest phone ever. as the days to turned to weeks and weeks to months, ive grown to hate this phone. that is all im saying!

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I owned the Blackberry Storm Hookbill. Jeez, I hated battery pulls. What else is funny is I'm the originator of the Torx Fix. :)

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
and all im saying is, who cares what phone i had before. my 30 days were up long ago. besides, during the first 30 days i though this was the greatest phone ever. as the days to turned to weeks and weeks to months, ive grown to hate this phone. that is all im saying!

wow. really? i don't know the issues you had, but not many people seem here to think the droid is pos, unless you're just frustrated and being facetious.

i have both the incredible and the droid. while the incredible is more polished overall, the droid is still a very good phone imo.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I just wanted to say I traded in my Droid this morning and got the Incredible. This phone is amazing. I love it more than any other phone I've had before. I was a Blackberry lover before, but this takes the cake!

I agree, this is hands down the nest phone out! I'm impressed and I even paid full retail for mine... lol

jcardona1

Reaction score

wow. really? i don't know the issues you had, but not many people seem here to think the droid is pos, unless you're just frustrated and being facetious.

i have both the incredible and the droid. while the incredible is more polished overall, the droid is still a very good phone imo.
dont get me wrong, for a while i thought this was the best phone out there. i even convinced 5 or so friends to upgrade and get this one.

but slowly the list of issues has just been building up to the point i hate using this phone for anything other than phone calls, texting and facebook. here's my piss list :D

- battery life, retardedly terrible. i have to try hard not to even touch the phone just so it lasts the whole day

- web browsing, painful experience. even OC'd to 1ghz browsing is extremely laggy. i now just use the browser to look up phone numbers, etc

- phone calls, takes several seconds to bring up my dialer or contacts. this is unacceptable

- GPS is nice, but just yesterday when i really and truly needed GPS to save my ass, trying to open up Maps gave my phone a heart attack and kept getting FCs. i was so close to slamming my phone on the ground.

- camera, complete disaster. the camera shutter speed is too slow for anything other than a still shot. video, even worse. you get horrible pixelation/distortion on EVERY video you shoot. and theres a thread about this

- call quality, mediocre. i get lots of complaints from callers and it even sounds bad on my end. ive tried all the suggested fixes and still nothing.

sure, the phone can multi task and do all these great thing, but when you really need it for something, when you REALLY have to depend on this phone for something you need ASAP, it chokes. the droid is good on paper, but in the real world with real time scenarios, it sucks.

maybe its just my phone, who knows. all i know is i havent been this upset with a cell phone in a long time. i'd take a butter smooth and fast OS with great touch screen response (think iphone) at the expense of multi tasking anyday of the week.

BzB

Reaction score
dont get me wrong, for a while i thought this was the best phone out there. i even convinced 5 or so friends to upgrade and get this one.

but slowly the list of issues has just been building up to the point i hate using this phone for anything other than phone calls, texting and facebook. here's my piss list :D

- battery life, retardedly terrible. i have to try hard not to even touch the phone just so it lasts the whole day

- web browsing, painful experience. even OC'd to 1ghz browsing is extremely laggy. i now just use the browser to look up phone numbers, etc

- phone calls, takes several seconds to bring up my dialer or contacts. this is unacceptable

- GPS is nice, but just yesterday when i really and truly needed GPS to save my ass, trying to open up Maps gave my phone a heart attack and kept getting FCs. i was so close to slamming my phone on the ground.

- camera, complete disaster. the camera shutter speed is too slow for anything other than a still shot. video, even worse. you get horrible pixelation/distortion on EVERY video you shoot. and theres a thread about this

- call quality, mediocre. i get lots of complaints from callers and it even sounds bad on my end. ive tried all the suggested fixes and still nothing.

sure, the phone can multi task and do all these great thing, but when you really need it for something, when you REALLY have to depend on this phone for something you need ASAP, it chokes. the droid is good on paper, but in the real world with real time scenarios, it sucks.

maybe its just my phone, who knows. all i know is i havent been this upset with a cell phone in a long time. i'd take a butter smooth and fast OS with great touch screen response (think iphone) at the expense of multi tasking anyday of the week.

battery life seems to be pretty good for me on my rooted and oc'd droid. but i know this can vary widely based on a number of things. i wouldn't set expectations high for the incredible if you don't like the droid's battery life. it may end up being slightly worse...

web browsing was very good on my droid. way better than any other phone out there to be honest. only the iphone or the nexus or the incredible can compare.

phone call speed. not sure about this since my phone is oc'd. comes up quick.

camera is a challenge at times, but it's a phone cam. :shrug:

call quality wasn't an issue for me.

with all of your issues i'd wonder if you've tried a replacement droid? i'd also wonder if you've tried rooting and oc'ing your droid to speed it up. it really makes the experience better.

i'd also wonder what phone you were using before in order to have such high expectations from the droid. it really is one of the best smart phones out there once, especially more so when rooted and oc'd.

all that said, maybe you should try the incredible... :D