Incredibile - exactly that

Big Cam

Reaction score
and all im saying is, who cares what phone i had before. my 30 days were up long ago. besides, during the first 30 days i though this was the greatest phone ever. as the days to turned to weeks and weeks to months, ive grown to hate this phone. that is all im saying!

wow. really? i don't know the issues you had, but not many people seem here to think the droid is pos, unless you're just frustrated and being facetious.

i have both the incredible and the droid. while the incredible is more polished overall, the droid is still a very good phone imo.
dont get me wrong, for a while i thought this was the best phone out there. i even convinced 5 or so friends to upgrade and get this one.

but slowly the list of issues has just been building up to the point i hate using this phone for anything other than phone calls, texting and facebook. here's my piss list :D

- battery life, retardedly terrible. i have to try hard not to even touch the phone just so it lasts the whole day

- web browsing, painful experience. even OC'd to 1ghz browsing is extremely laggy. i now just use the browser to look up phone numbers, etc

- phone calls, takes several seconds to bring up my dialer or contacts. this is unacceptable

- GPS is nice, but just yesterday when i really and truly needed GPS to save my ass, trying to open up Maps gave my phone a heart attack and kept getting FCs. i was so close to slamming my phone on the ground.

- camera, complete disaster. the camera shutter speed is too slow for anything other than a still shot. video, even worse. you get horrible pixelation/distortion on EVERY video you shoot. and theres a thread about this

- call quality, mediocre. i get lots of complaints from callers and it even sounds bad on my end. ive tried all the suggested fixes and still nothing.

sure, the phone can multi task and do all these great thing, but when you really need it for something, when you REALLY have to depend on this phone for something you need ASAP, it chokes. the droid is good on paper, but in the real world with real time scenarios, it sucks.

maybe its just my phone, who knows. all i know is i havent been this upset with a cell phone in a long time. i'd take a butter smooth and fast OS with great touch screen response (think iphone) at the expense of multi tasking anyday of the week.
Besides the camera whoch does suck, it sounds like you have rooted droid problems.

My stock droid has none of your issuse.

I can use mine for at least 2-3 hours a day websurfing, listenign to music and random phone calls and I have 50% at the end of the day.

The incredible will have the same battery drain issues, probably more due to it working harder. just wait and see.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't pay full retail R1 but I also made the switch over this morning. Excellent device so far. Battery life is weak at best and that's being nice IMHO. Other than that it is a very nice device indeed.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I didn't pay full retail R1 but I also made the switch over this morning. Excellent device so far. Battery life is weak at best and that's being nice IMHO. Other than that it is a very nice device indeed.

Sweet deal...... your just trying to make me feel bad.... but even after dropping 500+ on it, I still love it... lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
awesome! really wish i could get rid of this POS droid and get the incredible! :( damn contracts haha

Another person whom I can guarantee never owned a Blackberry Storm.

I owned the Blackberry Storm Hookbill. Jeez, I hated battery pulls. What else is funny is I'm the originator of the Torx Fix. :)
Really? Well thanks for making the 'click' adjustable! Lol. I suffered with my Storm as well.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The MotoDroid is an amaing phone. I cant believe you think its crap hah. You got to learn to root, overclock, and pump it full of what it wasn't meant to have! hah.

Happystranger

Reaction score
I dropped full retail on the Droid back in November and I have had no regrets since then. Especially after I rooted, oc'd and themed the hell out of it. Sure, as soon as I caught a glimpse of the Incredible, I thought about selling it, but then I came to my senses. I can easily afford the Incredible since I am now eligible for my 2 year upgrade, but I have a feeling that later this year something else will come out that I am really going to want and I rather just wait. Besides, I heard the Incredible has a flimsy feel to it, kinda like the BB Tour.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
and all im saying is, who cares what phone i had before. my 30 days were up long ago. besides, during the first 30 days i though this was the greatest phone ever. as the days to turned to weeks and weeks to months, ive grown to hate this phone. that is all im saying!

wow. really? i don't know the issues you had, but not many people seem here to think the droid is pos, unless you're just frustrated and being facetious.

i have both the incredible and the droid. while the incredible is more polished overall, the droid is still a very good phone imo.
dont get me wrong, for a while i thought this was the best phone out there. i even convinced 5 or so friends to upgrade and get this one.

but slowly the list of issues has just been building up to the point i hate using this phone for anything other than phone calls, texting and facebook. here's my piss list :D

- battery life, retardedly terrible. i have to try hard not to even touch the phone just so it lasts the whole day

- web browsing, painful experience. even OC'd to 1ghz browsing is extremely laggy. i now just use the browser to look up phone numbers, etc

- phone calls, takes several seconds to bring up my dialer or contacts. this is unacceptable

- GPS is nice, but just yesterday when i really and truly needed GPS to save my ass, trying to open up Maps gave my phone a heart attack and kept getting FCs. i was so close to slamming my phone on the ground.

- camera, complete disaster. the camera shutter speed is too slow for anything other than a still shot. video, even worse. you get horrible pixelation/distortion on EVERY video you shoot. and theres a thread about this

- call quality, mediocre. i get lots of complaints from callers and it even sounds bad on my end. ive tried all the suggested fixes and still nothing.

sure, the phone can multi task and do all these great thing, but when you really need it for something, when you REALLY have to depend on this phone for something you need ASAP, it chokes. the droid is good on paper, but in the real world with real time scenarios, it sucks.

maybe its just my phone, who knows. all i know is i havent been this upset with a cell phone in a long time. i'd take a butter smooth and fast OS with great touch screen response (think iphone) at the expense of multi tasking anyday of the week.

For every one of these issues I've:
1) never experienced the problem OR
2) found an acceptable workaround

brochaos

Reaction score
totally hijacking this thread, but yea, i want to know what phone you had before that lead you to have these expectations. everything on there except for maybe the "phone calls" part (which i and most others don't have a problem with) is going to function EXACTLY the same on the iphone.

spurscar

Reaction score
I have to give some love to the Storm, I'm going to miss mine when my new Incredible shows up tomorrow.

I had leaked software on it and it was stable and fast. The keyboard concept I LOVED, but the Storm 2 implemented the press function better than the Storm 1 did - it did slow me down a little here and there.

In the end the lack of good, free apps for Blackberry and the huge momentum behind Droid with that stuff is what's making me change. Also the huge beautiful OLED screen as well, along with a couple other features here and there. Still, I love the SurePress technology and concept of hovering/highlighting without selecting. Really hope the touch only screen on the Incredible and I get along okay. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to give some love to the Storm, I'm going to miss mine when my new Incredible shows up tomorrow.

I had leaked software on it and it was stable and fast. The keyboard concept I LOVED, but the Storm 2 implemented the press function better than the Storm 1 did - it did slow me down a little here and there.

In the end the lack of good, free apps for Blackberry and the huge momentum behind Droid with that stuff is what's making me change. Also the huge beautiful OLED screen as well, along with a couple other features here and there. Still, I love the SurePress technology and concept of hovering/highlighting without selecting. Really hope the touch only screen on the Incredible and I get along okay. :)

Yeah I was a Storm lover too. Defended it against the Droid. I was so wrong.

On it's best day the Storm 2 can't stand even close to the Motorola Droid let alone the Incredible. I have no love loss for that phone it was a big piece of garbage. Sure Press technology? Makes me laugh.

Let me just tell you this - You're going to have a huge learning curve switching to an Android device. Forget everything you ever learned about Blackberry and the Storm, it doesn't apply here. You get past that and you're going to love the Incredible and wonder, as I do, why you ever had an allegiance of any sorts to it. Be prepared for an adventure my friend, you're going to be on one. Hope you enjoy the ride.;)

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 with everything Hookbill said. That phone was garbage compared to Android phones. I doubt you will miss it at all.

Yodes

Reaction score
I played with one today at Verizon and fell in love with it. But I don't want to pay full retail. Anyone know the etiquette on ebaying a Droid you got as a gift? I really want to but am afraid the family is gonna be like wtf we spend 500 bucks on your gift to have you turn around and sell it? Am I wrong in wanting to sell it? LOL.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

li2327

Reaction score
So glad you're enjoying your new toy. I think I'm going to stick it out with my Droid. I'm still loving it to much. :)

bL33d

Reaction score
my droid oced to 1ghz still gets better battery life then my old iphone 3gs. that guys has done something wrong somewhere cause the droid rocks imo..

U need to flash clockwork recovery and download nextheme rom 5.6.0.2 do a complete wipe via clockwork recovery go into partition menu wipe boot/system/data/cache then back out to main menu and wipe data again for good measure then install nextheme rom 5.0.6.2 and ur phone will fly.

Freezerbrn

Reaction score
my droid oced to 1ghz still gets better battery life then my old iphone 3gs. that guys has done something wrong somewhere cause the droid rocks imo..

U need to flash clockwork recovery and download nextheme rom 5.6.0.2 do a complete wipe via clockwork recovery go into partition menu wipe boot/system/data/cache then back out to main menu and wipe data again for good measure then install nextheme rom 5.0.6.2 and ur phone will fly.

I have the CM 5.0.6.2 Oc'd at 900Mhz tons of apps and I had the best batty life on this ROM than UD 7.8 to 10. I got my DI today and was a BB 8330 user before Droid. Gotta say, I'm liking the DI stock and all.