In search of a ROM

golfer393

Reaction score
I'm running rooted 4.0.4 ICS. I'm sick of dealing with battery drain when I'm in a 4G fringe area. When VZW updated to 4.0.4 they eliminated the ability to switch my Bionic to 3G. I realize that I can do it now using LTE on/off but if I reboot my phone, it changed back to 4G. Question... What ROM works the best and gives the ability to set my phone to 3G and forget about it?

OP
G

golfer393

Reaction score
Let me ask this another way... Is there a ROM that will give me better overall performance than rooted 4.0.4? Thanks!

OP
G

golfer393

Reaction score
I'm guessing that since nobody has responded there isn't a ROM that works better than the stock 4.0.4?

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I absolutely love eclipse 1.3.

The lte on off app indeed will allow you to choose cdma only, whether you are stock rom or not.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
In love with stripped Icarus. Blurry has alot of bugs right now so im staying away from that for a while.

OP
G

golfer393

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'll check out stripped Icarus. With it do you gain access to change from 4G to 3G when in a fringe area?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ya man. I can give you the apk for that app. I can give ya everything you'll need.! Send me a pm

OP
G

golfer393

Reaction score
I installed Icarus HD 1.7.4 via safe strap. It seems pretty nice. I like the camera and new droid m style flavor. I burned through my battery very quickly. I'm hoping that was due to installation of safe strap, the ROM, restoring sms, and a few programs with ti backup. I was a little disappointed to see the network type selection still inaccessible like 4.0.4 stock. I guess I'll try it a while and still use LTE on/off.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Flashing and then playing around definitely uses more battery than usual. Give it a few days to settle

Sent from my DROID BIONIC