Lock my Bionic to 3g

lesnic56

Reaction score
Is there a app to keep my phone from 3g to 4g?
I'm on the fringe of 4G service and it seems the battery drains faster when the phone keeps switching back and forth.

Thankd

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Lte onoff its free in the store

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

mattjenn

Reaction score
Lte on off app on market was made for thunderbolt but has worked on all my Motorola devices

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Phone info is the app... After installing, open, hit device info, scroll down to the bottom, and select CDMA/GSM PRL AUTO
that's 3g,when you want 4 G just go back to the one above it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tennvol

Reaction score
Keep in mind with phone info if you reboot the phone you'll need to use the app again to get to 3g

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
That isn't the case with my Razr, or S3.Once on 3g it stays until you go into the app and select lte/cdma again... I've kept my phone on 3g for weeks at a time.. Reboot and battery swaps daily don't affect my devices.

masiv

Reaction score
That isn't the case with my Razr, or S3.Once on 3g it stays until you go into the app and select lte/cdma again... I've kept my phone on 3g for weeks at a time.. Reboot and battery swaps daily don't affect my devices.

Have you seen a battery performance increase when locking to 3G?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Have you seen a battery performance increase when locking to 3G?

You will see battery improvements by locking to 3g, the spottier your lte coverage is the bigger the improvements will be.

masiv

Reaction score
You will see battery improvements by locking to 3g, the spottier your lte coverage is the bigger the improvements will be.

I have strong coverage in my area. If I have consistent 4g signal, will turning off 4g really help much?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
It should help a considerable amount because 4glte requires its own seperate radio

deduct

Reaction score
I have been sticking to 3g lately even though I have awesome 4 g coverage in my area. My battery has been reaping the benefits. I just turn on 4g if I need to download something.

ForumRunner_20121120_185710.png

Reaction score
LTE OnOff Didn't Work For Me

Since we were in a 3G area when the ICS update happened, I installed LTE OnOff and switched to 3G-only.

Later, we traveled to a 4G area. I had a great deal of difficulty switching back to 4G. After running the app over and over, and repeatedly powering down the phone and pulling the battery, it FINALLY returned to LTE/CDMA/EvDo. I don't plan to use the app again. I'll let it continue to search for 4G service.

For the last two weeks, we have been back in 3G-only areas again. I have noticed no difference in battery life from when we had the phone set to 3G-only.