Imminent Release

Reaction score
This vid popped up on Verizon's youtube page today. Shouldn't be long now :)[video=youtube;A9h_Klwueks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9h_Klwueks&feature=feedu]YouTube - ThunderBolt by HTC Coming Soon[/video]

jcbsides

Reaction score
Fingers crossed for the 17th XD

But seriously, probably the 24th.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I read that Peter Chou the CEO of HTC announced today @ MWC it was launching this week, if so wouldn't that make it the 17th for a "typical" Verizon launch day?

Reaction score
I read that Peter Chou the CEO of HTC announced today @ MWC it was launching this week, if so wouldn't that make it the 17th for a "typical" Verizon launch day?

How credible is that source though?

MWC 2011: HTC launch live blog - News - Know Your Mobile

Read 10.05, says TB is now shipping to Verizon. This only says that it's shipping to the VZW stores, but has no bearing on an actual release date. I don't know if they will release as soon as they get them. My money is still on the 24th

It came straight from the mouth of HTC's CEO at MWC that they are "shipping the Thunderbolts this week." I think a release this Thursday is out of the question though, that is not enough time to get them all in stock and prepare for launch.

I thought it was Thursday 2/24 for sure, but then there was this tonight:

Add February 21st to the HTC Thunderbolt Rumor List - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OP
H
Reaction score
Sorry for the mix up on the "Confirmed Release Date" thread, I posted the wrong link. This is the correct link.

http://www.techykid.com/2370/verizon-htc-thunderbolt-release-date-confirmed-on-february-24/

And what's up with moderators telling me not to post new threads all the time :rolleyes: I thought that's what forums were for. Especially when a source has a confirmed date on the HTC Thunderbolt's release. I think that awards a new thread if anything does. I all of a sudden dislike this forum, because free posting is obviously forbidden :blink:

66dude

Reaction score
Sorry for the mix up on the "Confirmed Release Date" thread, I posted the wrong link. This is the correct link.

Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Release Date Confirmed on February 24

And what's up with moderators telling me not to post new threads all the time :rolleyes: I thought that's what forums were for. Especially when a source has a confirmed date on the HTC Thunderbolt's release. I think that awards a new thread if anything does. I all of a sudden dislike this forum, because free posting is obviously forbidden :blink:

That's because a similar thread already exists elsewhere on this forum. Go to the Droid News section of this forum and find the thread titled "HTC Thunderbolt Release Date". This has nothing to do with free speech and stuff. I think the mods are trying to reduce clutter here.

Reaction score

Probably because you use the word "confirmed" to describe information coming from bogus websites. That's not something to be used loosely around here. Whoever put that page up is just regurgitating rumors he read on other websites that we have all already heard of. That person has no special information. Also, there are already a few threads on the exact same topic, so it does clutter the forum and cause people to be misled.

rage151

Reaction score

Forums are for free posting as long as there is a reasonable amount of organization. What good is a forum if there are multiple threads about the same topic?

You may like posting new threads all the time, but most do not like to have to sift through thread after thread to get their info. If a related thread is already posted, try using it to save others the hassle. :blackdroid: