First HTC Thunderbolt Unboxing / Overview

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I for one, will definitely be picking this over the Bionic:)

I thought the Atrix was for AT&T, it's for Verizon?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the 768 mb of ram in the TB might end up being "more" than the Atrix. my understanding (and this could be way off) is that the extra 512 mb of RAM in the Atrix (over the 512 in the Bionic) is dedicated (if that's the right way to describe it) to the webtop app, and isn't really available for utilization by the phone. i may be talking out of the side of my neck, but that's my understanding from reading around...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Eh throw a sense 2.0 rom on the incredible and the only differences will be lte.... And a 4.3 inch display.... and a kickstand! And more ram and a bigger SD card and a similar card!!!!!

If 4G data is unlimited, Ill be all over this phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Eh throw a sense 2.0 rom on the incredible and the only differences will be lte.... And a 4.3 inch display.... and a kickstand! And more ram and a bigger SD card and a similar card!!!!!

If 4G data is unlimited, Ill be all over this phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

I will be thoroughly shocked if 4G is offered with unlimited. At least without taking out a second mortgage on your house.

kparks

Reaction score
this phone looks awesome... but does anyone know anything about the LG revolution like how much ram it will have. or a release im looking hard at the htc and the LG i want the lg just to be different to be honest cuz every1 will have the TBolt

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Honestly I would like to hear some more about the LG quality, as well. I've heard they can be pretty bad in the quality department in the past. Sucks because they have some good looking devices coming down the pike. Hopefully they have picked up their game.

I do know I have been very impressed with the quality of my Incredible and HTC Sense is great. At least for me.

kparks

Reaction score
Honestly I would like to hear some more about the LG quality, as well. I've heard they can be pretty bad in the quality department in the past. Sucks because they have some good looking devices coming down the pike. Hopefully they have picked up their game.

I do know I have been very impressed with the quality of my Incredible and HTC Sense is great. At least for me.
i have had a htc phone for the past 2 years and love it but im the kind of person that loves to be different and try new things u kno what im saying.. if this lg is on par or close to the thunderbolt and comes out soon i will get it just because!!!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

i have had a htc phone for the past 2 years and love it but im the kind of person that loves to be different and try new things u kno what im saying.. if this lg is on par or close to the thunderbolt and comes out soon i will get it just because!!!

Then whatever you do, don't do a search for new info on Incredible HD's. :D

Just doing some browsing and another HTC device is showing up mysteriously and no one is really sure what to make of it. Some are saying it is a real Incredible HD revisited. Whatever it is, it is a pretty sexy phone. I'll be sitting back a little and waiting to see what is coming down the pike, I believe.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still flabbergasted by the claim that it's faster than the dual core Bionic. I had pretty much written this phone off as simply a marketing gimmick by HTC to claim to be 'first to LTE', but this thing is really making me stop and take notice

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm still flabbergasted by the claim that it's faster than the dual core Bionic. I had pretty much written this phone off as simply a marketing gimmick by HTC to claim to be 'first to LTE', but this thing is really making me stop and take notice

Single core doesn't always necessarily mean slower. There are a lot of factors that go into it. The chip architecture being a primary. I wouldn't write it off yet. I think it's looking much better, but I'm seeing some more mysterious devices down the line for later in the year that really have my attention.

kparks

Reaction score

Then whatever you do, don't do a search for new info on Incredible HD's. :D

Just doing some browsing and another HTC device is showing up mysteriously and no one is really sure what to make of it. Some are saying it is a real Incredible HD revisited. Whatever it is, it is a pretty sexy phone. I'll be sitting back a little and waiting to see what is coming down the pike, I believe.
i have read a couple articles on it i think a 4inch if i remember correctly but who knows at this point.. i know i cant wait much longer my htc is at the end of its life.. i do know there is no way im getting the "samsung 4g lte" to me that thing just looks dumb and samsung support is nowhere to be found... and im not a fan of MOTO at all!!