im rooted... now what?

dannymarz

Reaction score
ok, im a noobie that just rooted my droid 2... now what? im not sure what i can do or how to get it. ive tried scolling around the forum to find out but everyone is talking way too technical for me. i jailbroke my itouch and it was pretty easy to get free apps and custom themes, but i cant figure out what to do with my droid.... someone please help.:icon_eek:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out the Droid 2 rom section. Add arom, theme, Overclock, wifi tether etc.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Making a backup before you make any changes to the OS is critical. A solid backup can save you hours of work and frustration.

What recovery system are you using?

OP
D

dannymarz

Reaction score
Recovery system? Not sure, how do I check that?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply. I needed to research something. SPRecovery will not work in the Droid 2 so you need to use Rom Manager/ClockWork.

OP
D

dannymarz

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply. I needed to research something. SPRecovery will not work in the Droid 2 so you need to use Rom Manager/ClockWork.

thats my problem.... when you say "use rom manager/clockwork", i have no clue what it is, where to get it or how to use it.i would love to learn more about all this. is there a section that teaches the basics of using a rooted phone that speaks to "us" less technical users in a less technical way? or maybe a reference section for technical terms that ive seen in the forums like rsd lite, rubix, motoblur, blackice, sprecovery, roms...etc.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Download droid 2 bootstrap from the marketplace. That will get you a custom recovery image which is how you flash roms.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can't find what you want or still have questions post a thread in the Droid 2 section and we'll get you help.

Mike

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You'll need both ClockworkMod Recovery, which as we all know can only be installed from within ROM Manager, and Bootstrap to backup and install ROMs.