I'm a noob :)

sessica

Reaction score
Hey yall, I'm new to this forum site. I received my droid as a Christmas present and have fallen madly in love!

Over the past couple years I have possessed about 8 different (original) envy phones (so you can see why I would love the keyboard), because insurance replacement phones are the devil. Everyone and their mom had an iphone and I absolutely refused to join in on that parade.

This is my first smartphone and I couldn't be more stoked!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. We're glad you found us. Let us know if there is something we can do to help you.:)

Shelooga

Reaction score
i say get it rooted and check out some ROMs sessica.
when theres no limit to what droid gets, theres no limit to what droid does. man do my friends hate how much i quote and boast droid

OP
sessica

sessica

Reaction score
when theres no limit to what droid gets, theres no limit to what droid does. man do my friends hate how much i quote and boast droid

I don't even know what that means!! Haha.

Thank you both for the welcome :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey yall, I'm new to this forum site. I received my droid as a Christmas present and have fallen madly in love!

Over the past couple years I have possessed about 8 different (original) envy phones (so you can see why I would love the keyboard), because insurance replacement phones are the devil. Everyone and their mom had an iphone and I absolutely refused to join in on that parade.

This is my first smartphone and I couldn't be more stoked!

Welcome to the neighborhood, sessica! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. I'm warning you that both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn.... So come on in and make yourself at home! If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out. Hope you enjoy that toy of yours!

:welcome:

OP
sessica

sessica

Reaction score

What are ROMS? I am interested to know what everyone is doing with their phones.

OP
sessica

sessica

Reaction score
Check out the links in the forum
Custom Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
There are lots of choices. Here is a link to a current thread that shows screen shots of a rom that has been themed in what is referred to as Black Ice http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/33050-black-ice-little-bit-flavor.html

Hope this helps.

Mike

So are they just different themes for your phone? And yeah I don't know what rooted is either haha...I can see I have a lot to learn.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and what is rooting

Check out the links in the forum
Custom Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
There are lots of choices. Here is a link to a current thread that shows screen shots of a rom that has been themed in what is referred to as Black Ice http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/33050-black-ice-little-bit-flavor.html

Hope this helps.

Mike

So are they just different themes for your phone? And yeah I don't know what rooted is either haha...I can see I have a lot to learn.

Don't be offended by the first title, but these should answer your questions about rooting:

THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS (stop asking)

What I Have Done With a Rooted Droid That I Couldn't Do Before