im a newbie and need help!

odawg753

Reaction score
hey guys this is my first post, after dealing with blackberries for a couple years (and hating them) i finally got a droid last week and feel in love with it right away never want anything else. but i screwed up and had it on my lap when i was in the car and forgot it was there until i got out and it feel on the ground, after that later on that night i realized that the left side of the screen including the back button stoped responding to touch, now i bought this off of a friend so i have no warranty or insurance, so should i buy another one with a bad esn for parts and change the whole screen assembly(assuming its the digitizer) or just buy a new digitizer and change it, or take it somewhere to get that done??
thank you,
mike

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Did you have insurance on your blackberry? I already called asurion and Verizon. Both told me any phone I add to my plan no matter how purchased will be covered by manufacturer, Verizon, and asurion.

Sent from my D1 on UD @ 1.2Ghz

OP
O

odawg753

Reaction score
Did you have insurance on your blackberry? I already called asurion and Verizon. Both told me any phone I add to my plan no matter how purchased will be covered by manufacturer, Verizon, and asurion.

yeah i did i wasnt aware that it transfers over, but isnt the deductable like 70 bucks or more?

Sniper_5

Reaction score
How much can you get a parts phone for? confident you can rebuild it? you could replace it with asurion and know it will be fine and under warranty, or attempt to fix it yourself and upon opening the device void any hope of a warranty if something went wrong. In my opinion unless your an electronics tech I would opt for the insurance. At least if you get a bad refurb you can simply return it. Just my .02

OP
O

odawg753

Reaction score
How much can you get a parts phone for? confident you can rebuild it? you could replace it with asurion and know it will be fine and under warranty, or attempt to fix it yourself and upon opening the device void any hope of a warranty if something went wrong. In my opinion unless your an electronics tech I would opt for the insurance. At least if you get a bad refurb you can simply return it. Just my .02

im pretty sure i can handle it im good with that stuff always fixed everyones nextels and ipods back in the day lol even tho i know this is on a different level i think i could handle it but my main question is do you think it is the digitizer?

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Not something I can answer, maybe someone else will come along that can help you out on that one. Best of luck.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Would a digitizer cause just one quadrant to be off like that? I would think that more than just one would be off. Have the moisture indicators changed? I'm thinking either the initial impact or the dew damaged it. The insurance deductible is $89 if you're on the $7.99 (insurance and extended warranty) or the $6 (insurance only) plan. Or were you previously on Alltel?

im pretty sure i can handle it im good with that stuff always fixed everyones nextels and ipods back in the day lol even tho i know this is on a different level i think i could handle it but my main question is do you think it is the digitizer?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
O

odawg753

Reaction score
Would a digitizer cause just one quadrant to be off like that? I would think that more than just one would be off. Have the moisture indicators changed? I'm thinking either the initial impact or the dew damaged it. The insurance deductible is $89 if you're on the $7.99 (insurance and extended warranty) or the $6 (insurance only) plan. Or were you previously on Alltel?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Moisture indicators are still good and I'm on verizon

OP
O

odawg753

Reaction score
you never realize how important that back button is until its gone :angry:

OP
O

odawg753

Reaction score
update: i changed my digitizer and its fixed, but i have a feeling this digitizer isnt geuine motorola