Need help, please! Screen Problem

scotchguy

Reaction score
Here is the scoop. I dropped my phone, broke the digitizer, and successfully replaced it. Ultimately, somehow, I managed to "knick" the ribbon that connects the digitizer to the screen and other hardware. I no longer have screen control, though I have keyboard control.

Is there any way to connect a mouse to the Droid 4 to open the unlock screen so I can back up my information before I get a replacement through insurance?

I would prefer to wipe my phone before it goes of to get refurbished somewhere, but if buying a lapdock is my only option, I think I will just pull my sd card and call it a day.

Thanks in advance for any help.

*EDIT 08/25
The last time I used my phone before breaking it, I set the usb interface to "Charge Only". I cannot access my files via usb. After installing ADB, I still have no access as the sd cards are not recognized by Windows

Last edited:
OP
S

scotchguy

Reaction score
get adb running and pull the files that way.. if you want to reset it flash the latest sbf

I loaded the ABD drivers, and my windows 7 recognized the phone, but not much after that. Basically I think I left my phone in charge only mode. Is there a software that I need to download that will bypass that problem and allow me to access the device as a usb storage?

Otherwise, if I were to get a micro-usb to female usb adapter, would I be able to use a common mouse to get into the phone?

Theron

Reaction score
I don't know about a wired mouse, but I can vouch that a Bluetooth mouse will work.

OP
S

scotchguy

Reaction score
I don't know about a wired mouse, but I can vouch that a Bluetooth mouse will work.
I would have no problem picking up a bluetooth combo, but since I have no access to the screen control, I don't have bluetooth on, or a way to turn it on. So for now, that option is scratched.

ive seen it don with a razr... used a powerd usb hub and microusb to usb adaptor along with a keyboard
I ordered a micro-usb adapter; I will be testing it out as soon as it arrives. Crossing my fingers hoping for success.

So i tried using ADB Command Control to access the phone over my PC, but I could only view the screen, and not actually control it. Oh well, worst case scenario, I just collect my sd card, and send in my old device for a replacement.