Im a big fan of the new Beautiful Widget!!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
According to recent tweet a few hours ago from LevelUpStudio (Beautiful Widgets)...

"Still waiting for news from HTC, I guess the holidays are making the process slower. But don't worry, Beautiful Widgets will be back asap "

eap369

Reaction score
If you select an application file in Astro, no matter if it's not in the backup directory, it'll pup up a menu asking what you want to do with it. Hit open app manager, install (you'll need to change the permissions on your phone to do so) and there you go. Won't ever update in the market tho.

(suggests tipping the dev has it not been done =) )

thanks for the help but nothing pops up asking me what to do, when i click the apk file on the main home of the sd card the options are opens as, edit, send, details, if i click the menu button on the sd card using astro it says tools, view, edit, bookmarks, more, i clicked on tools and the options are sd card usage, process manager, application manager/backup, i click on the last one and just shows all the installed apps and back up apps

Aluminum21

Reaction score
According to recent tweet a few hours ago from LevelUpStudio (Beautiful Widgets)...

"Still waiting for news from HTC, I guess the holidays are making the process slower. But don't worry, Beautiful Widgets will be back asap "

**** HTC, the fact they aren't going after Weather Widgets - Donate also because that isn't nearly as popular pisses me off

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe because Weather Widget didn't incorporate both the look and function in one app? To get the weather animations with Weather Widget you have to download an add-on. Beautiful was all inclusive.

It's all lame... HTC either needs to hold everyone accountable or let it all slide.... you can't just pick one developer when there are more doing the same exact thing. Skins or not.... if you don't use a skin with Weather Widget it looks EXACTLY like HTC's.

Magdroid

Reaction score
His code may have been similar to HTC's code...where Weather Widget's is probably totally different (Being able to skin and stuff). So since the code was different, they may have left WWD alone. That is just a speculation.

zerodamage

Reaction score
What I like about Beautiful Widgets is the smaller home clock + weather widget. I could then fit 3 rows of apps on my main page. Also the built in links to the gmail calendar and alarm all in the same place. I found the 2.53 version online and installed it manually since I already paid for it as it is.

djbis

Reaction score
Is there an app that will REMEMBER apps you want to exclude from the UPDATES LIST? I backed mine up, but don't want to update it by mistake. Would be cool to have this feature. Like an "ignore" option for the update.

Just sayin'

shademar

Reaction score
I found by accident when transferring it to a new phone that when I uninstalled the new version and then reinstalled the old one by moving over the backed up apk file to my sd card and installing it like an off-market apk using Astro file manager, that it no longer showed up as 'downloaded' in the market and thus no longer tried to update. I could still see it as 'purchased' and re-download if I wish and the widget works fine.

After directly restoring from an Astro backup, on the other hand, it still shows up as downloaded in the market and I have to avoid updating it.

al808

Reaction score
NEED HELP! I can't find the beautiful widget on the market? I think it's cool. Any advices will be helpful.

Thanks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
His code may have been similar to HTC's code...where Weather Widget's is probably totally different (Being able to skin and stuff). So since the code was different, they may have left WWD alone. That is just a speculation.
good speculation though :)
NEED HELP! I can't find the beautiful widget on the market? I think it's cool. Any advices will be helpful.

Thanks

HTC had it taken off the Market pending an inspection of the app.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
Very interesting thread. I'm still rockin the pre- HTC GATE version. Got it backed and was gonna try the new version when I can. Skins would be sweet and all the mockups I've seen in this thread look very promising.

*edit* scratch that BW is on the market again. Downloaded the update and I'm kinda digging it as well. Still hoping for the skin support though. But I got to give props to the DEV for sticking with it and keeping it alive. Seeing somebody get bullied by HTC and turning around and responding right away is worth the money I paid for the app.

Last edited:

mad3963

Reaction score
*edit* scratch that BW is on the market again. Downloaded the update and I'm kinda digging it as well. Still hoping for the skin support though. But I got to give props to the DEV for sticking with it and keeping it alive. Seeing somebody get bullied by HTC and turning around and responding right away is worth the money I paid for the app.

Are you saying Beautiful Widgets is back in the Market? Because I just searched by app name (Beautiful Widgets) and dev name (LevelUp Studio), and could not find it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Are you saying Beautiful Widgets is back in the Market? Because I just searched by app name (Beautiful Widgets) and dev name (LevelUp Studio), and could not find it.

BW shows up in my download list because I have it installed.... however, if I do a Market search for BW nothing comes up. I would assume it's because it's not back on the market yet.

mad3963

Reaction score

BW shows up in my download list because I have it installed.... however, if I do a Market search for BW nothing comes up. I would assume it's because it's not back on the market yet.

Same here.