ICS this week?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
One x is quad core, one s on t mobile is dual core.

The international GSM-only version of the One X is quad-core. To date, every LTE version of the One X (AT&T, Sprint) is dual-core.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
Soak is over.

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"

Yes sir. I believe we have been over that fact many times. The soak test is over. But what is a soak teat? I understand it was a typo. He meant to type test, but typed teat instead..dang its not funny when you have to explain the joke..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
blackhawk1134 said:
Beware!!!
I have ics on my maxx...
Serious battery issues!!!
Including iy has been taking my phone 5+hrs to charge from 60%!!!
Ics looks great but...
It needs more work for our razrs..
Sorry folks... i thought everything was fine yhen this issue...

Factory reset time!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea...the battery issues I keep hearing about...I have seen really no change either way. To me...its too many variables involved to say ICS is the absolute cause:

Some apps from GB get auto installed.
I think a factory reset is a good idea after a major OS update. I may do it soon if I see more ppl have Flash working better.

BUT...there are some changes like the phones defaulting to Global. I dont think US users need it on that? I tried to compare that and LTE/CDMA...and my data connection is faster on LTE/CDMA. Even tho I get LTE on Global too. I feel that could be why some are seeing battery issues and since they still connect to LTE...might not know its on Global. STILL havent got a clear idea if leaving our phones on Global will hurt battery life.

toddbrooks515

Reaction score
blackhawk1134 said:
Beware!!!
I have ics on my maxx...
Ics looks great but...

I Agree Completely 100 percent!

William_04_x

Reaction score
Great suggestion, jroc. :)

Mines been on Global from the start. I just switched it to LTE/CDMA and will watch for a battery life improvement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

C2Cab95

Reaction score
blackhawk1134 said:
Beware!!!
I have ics on my maxx...
Ics looks great but...

Before doing a factory reset, have you powered down your RAZR while charging?

I haven't noticed much, if any difference between GB and ICS on my 7 month old RAZR (non MAXX) over the past week, either with normal use or while charging.

I do think that a factory reset may improve the overall performance after any major upgrade. My suggestion above is primarily to avoid the hassle. ICS is an upgrade, and should be taken as such, rather than a minor update.

Last edited:

Swis21

Reaction score
C2Cab95 said:
Before doing a factory reset, have you powered down your RAZR while charging?

I haven't noticed much, if any difference between GB and ICS on my 7 month old RAZR (non MAXX) over the past week, either with normal use or while charging.

I do think that a factory reset may improve the overall performance after any major upgrade. My suggestion above is primarily to avoid the hassle. ICS is an upgrade, and should be taken as such, rather than a minor update.

when and what is the purpose of a FDR for the install of ics

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Didn't want to start a thread to ask a random question so do apps ever affect 4g data drops on my Maxx thanks been having way to many drops recently no Ics yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's try to keep it civil and stay on topic please. Thanks:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

C2Cab95

Reaction score
Swis21 said:
when and what is the purpose of a FDR for the install of ics

Basically - Wiping the phone and starting with a clean slate. Some on here recommend a FDR before and after any update or upgrade.

I've always done a FDR after an update/upgrade but never before. I haven't yet since my upgrade, since most owners of these devices aren't your garden variety admirer of technology *aka nerd/geek*. Rather trying to use the phone how someone without that appreciation might. By taking the upgrade, and rolling with it, like any other Android user out there.

Last edited:

C2Cab95

Reaction score

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
C2Cab95 said:
Basically - Wiping the phone and starting with a clean slate. Some on here recommend a FDR before and after any update or upgrade.

I've always done a FDR after an update/upgrade but never before. I haven't yet since my upgrade, since most owners of these devices aren't your garden variety admirer of technology *aka nerd/geek*. Rather trying to use the phone how someone without that appreciation might. By taking the upgrade, and rolling with it, like any other Android user out there.

Will the Play Store remember the apps I have installed now so I can easily re-install them if I do a FRD? I like the idea but I would get frustrated trying to remember all 80+ apps that I want to download.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
rjeatkrconley said:
Yes sir. I believe we have been over that fact many times. The soak test is over. But what is a soak teat? I understand it was a typo. He meant to type test, but typed teat instead..dang its not funny when you have to explain the joke..

What r u even trying to elaborate on?

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"