ICS this week?

cousy415

Reaction score
So only one person received it over night?

I think I'm just going to stop checking and simply pull it on Monday when it's available! lol

Squeak87

Reaction score
I have not received the update and am unable to pull manually, it does take longer when searching for updates now though. Looks like Monday it is! (Hopefully)

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Wooooohooooo i got the update for super flavored ice cream jelly bean with peanut buttered popsicle. And the cool thing? It came with a side of bananna split! Its so much better then regular ice cream sammich!

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
JNewms said:
I've had ICS for a week now. At first my battery didn't last as long. But after a FDR and a letting it die all the way and fully recharging it i have better battery life than i did with GB.

Juice defender ultimate. Gave me three extra hours of battery life on ics. Had ics for over a week now and mixed with jdu it rocks

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
William_04_x said:
Great suggestion, jroc. :)

Mines been on Global from the start. I just switched it to LTE/CDMA and will watch for a battery life improvement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Works. Thats dumb for them to have global as the default selection probably hoping someone will accidently forget to check it while on vacation and start getting international charges.

huskur

Reaction score
I have not received the update and am unable to pull manually, it does take longer when searching for updates now though. Looks like Monday it is! (Hopefully)

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

Is Monday the day you can pull it if you don't get it? I haven't received the update yet either. Maybe sometime this weekend it will come.

Squeak87

Reaction score
Verizon just emailed me and here are the parts worth noting.

" Thank you for contacting us about the Ice Cream Sandwich update for your Razr Maxx. Anytime we do a massive update like ICS we do it in waves. The update is only sent to so many phones a day. It is based on the IMEI of the phone. I can not give you an exact date of when you will receive the update but all updates are estimated to be completed by next week."

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is Monday the day you can pull it if you don't get it? I haven't received the update yet either. Maybe sometime this weekend it will come.

People NO ONE KNOWS! Its all a guessing game. We have had dates thrown at us for months and so far the soak test is the only thing that came true. Don't get your hopes up for Monday. It's possible that if they are concerned about the battery issues they have put a stop to the full roll out. Trust me I am looking forward to this update like everyone else but for now I am perfectly find with GB because I know it works. It is coming but no one knows when for sure when the full roll out will happen.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
huskur said:

Who really knows for sure. I find it very odd that with the limited number of people who were involved in the soak test and that was supposed to be confidential, that we saw a bunch of posts of people getting ICS... but, supposedly for the first phase of rollout to the general public, which seems would have been to many more people than those involved on the soak, there were only two or three people saying they received it and the one pic confirmation had a build date of 6/14. And then yesterday, not a single report of anyone receiving it. I'm thinking the rollout to the rest of the public has not even started yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Abaddon

Reaction score
Fortunately I am one of the lucky ones and got it this morning! I woke up around 4:15 (not sure why) and I decided to check. The notification window was up saying that the update had downloaded and was ready to install. I decided to install then (because I'm pathetic) so that it would be ready for me when I actually had to wake up. The install took about 15-20 minutes total, and this included the apps that had to be updated. I did not freeze up like some other users reported last week. Everything went through smoothly and now I'm just messing with things. It's pretty cool! The phone definitely feels more refined. Hopefully the rest of you get it soon. I do think they'll have to most people by the end of the weekend.

jason638

Reaction score
I manually pulled it around 430 am eastern time. I love the new look, I went back to default icons from my Go launcher, just to enjoy them for a bit. Still playing around with the other features but do far so good

jason638

Reaction score
Way too early to tell. I'm wondering if I can still leave it on 3g. The 4g toggle app doesn't work for me anymore just brings me to the data settings, but the LTE/CDMA option isn't there anymore

Squeak87

Reaction score
jason638 said:
Way too early to tell. I'm wondering if I can still leave it on 3g. The 4g toggle app doesn't work for me anymore just brings me to the data settings, but the LTE/CDMA option isn't there anymore

So you can't turn 4g off at all? I understand that some apps may function differently until they are updated.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)