ICS this week?

yougotmail18812

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my local Verizon store associate and he told me the first people who got the phone would be the first to receive the update and that the longer you've had your phone, the sooner you'll get it. Checking for the update will do no good and it has nothing to do with region.

Hockey

Reaction score
Just got notification of an update on my Razr Maxx!

Michigan here.

Need to go lay down before heading out to work tonight so I'll play with it and report back how it is later

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
I just spoke with Michelle in tech support and she said: Full rollout is beginning today and will be continuous until everyone has been updated (no set limit of users will be updated, it will be from start to finish), the OTA will run 24/7, and has to be pushed to your phone manual update won't work. She also said if you miss the first circulation of the OTA that it will be resent to you or updatable via the manual update after the official OTA has been released. There is no rhyme or reason as to how the OTA will go out it will get to your handset when your phone number is selected.

Point proven that if you talk to 2 different people at tech support or customer service you'll get 4 different answers. No offense to you nkfry.

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my local Verizon store associate and he told me the first people who got the phone would be the first to receive the update and that the longer you've had your phone, the sooner you'll get it. Checking for the update will do no good and it has nothing to do with region.

I don't buy that. Not calling you a liar, but I don't see Verizon going through to see who bought the RAZR or the MAXX first, or even keeping up with that.

nkfry

Reaction score
Point proven that if you talk to 2 different people at tech support or customer service you'll get 4 different answers. No offense to you nkfry.

I've used the same saying numerous times, and I bet if I call back I'll hear a new version of the story, but she was very fluent with the questions I asked and didn't have to stop and think about what she was saying so I'm 43% confident she knows whats happening. lol

Bugwacker

Reaction score
As far as the Razr is concerned...

I Don't wanna be mean.
But, the software Jellybean.
Ain't gonna make it,
To the Droid Razr scene!

donnie5336

Reaction score
Hockey said:
Just got notification of an update on my Razr Maxx!

Michigan here.

Need to go lay down before heading out to work tonight so I'll play with it and report back how it is later

Well this de-bunks the "those who've had the phone the longest" comment if you're on a MAXX.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I don't buy that. Not calling you a liar, but I don't see Verizon going through to see who bought the RAZR or the MAXX first, or even keeping up with that.

Probably just a line that they can use when they look up the customers account and see that they have had the phone for a month. That way the customer does not keep calling in and will figure that since they have only had it for a month, if they get it in 4 days, they are right in line. What about that person that bought it within a week of it coming out and not getting it until day 5???

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
Probably just a line that they can use when they look up the customers account and see that they have had the phone for a month. That way the customer does not keep calling in and will figure that since they have only had it for a month, if they get it in 4 days, they are right in line. What about that person that bought it within a week of it coming out and not getting it until day 5???

Yep. My point exactly.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Well this de-bunks the "those who've had the phone the longest" comment if you're on a MAXX.
I have a Maxx, no update on my end yet, waiting impatiently, thumbs getting a great workout from alternately twiddling and checking for the update manually even though some people seem to have been told that that wouldn't do anything :crazy:

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
So what is that one person that confirmed getting the update so far on here?

One person, on a Maxx, said that they got notified of the update. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, either they got it or they are trying to drive the rest of us insane with jealousy. I'm off today, contemplating driving to Michigan to find out the answer....what's everyone say...ROADTRIP!!!