ICS this week?

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
I'm in Ga no update on mine yet could use some ice cream sandwich, its hot as hell here

Yep. It's almost 90 here with humidity at 49% and we've got the potential for some nasty ass storms tonight. That means we'll be stuck inside. I'd love some ICS goodness to offset the boredom form being stuck inside. It sucks outside right now.

Thanks for tuning in for my little weather forecast everyone !:p

donnie5336

Reaction score
I JUST got off the phone with Verizon technical support. He said "it is a staggered roll out. Going out to 200,000 people at a time. Also said that doing a manual check for an update will not work. And lastly, it is the official release, not soak testing."

So I then asked when I could expect the update and he said 1-5 days.

200,000 at a time? How many people actualy own the Razr/Maxx?... and not saying he or you is wrong, but I'd bet you $2 that you can call Verizon back right now and get a completely different answer.

davy050995

Reaction score
Im in AL and also MAY or may not have received an email and I'm still munching on gingerbread

Reaction score
shiftat8k said:
I JUST got off the phone with Verizon technical support. He said "it is a staggered roll out. Going out to 200,000 people at a time. Also said that doing a manual check for an update will not work. And lastly, it is the official release, not soak testing."

If Verizon DID say this (and lets just be clear I am not in anyway shape or form calling you a liar) but if they did 1-5 days would be awesome. Its better than waiting 6 weeks. Hopefully it is the actual release of ICS.

{×Sent from my Droid-Razr×}

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score

I've not ever known Verizon tech support to ever know what is going on. Heck, some of them didn't even know what ICS was. I'd take this with a grain of salt.

donnie5336

Reaction score
Yep. It's almost 90 here with humidity at 49% and we've got the potential for some nasty ass storms tonight. That means we'll be stuck inside. I'd love some ICS goodness to offset the boredom form being stuck inside. It sucks outside right now.

Thanks for tuning in for my little weather forecast everyone !:p

I'm heading out for vacation first thing in the morning. Sure would like to have a little Ice Cream Sandwich for hot days at the beach. :p

shiftat8k

Reaction score
200,000 at a time? How many people actualy own the Razr/Maxx?

Same thing I'm wondering. OG DROID RAZR has been out for 8 months and eleven days. That's a lot of time for people to buy them. Plus all the maxx's.

If I had to guess, I'd say at least 5 million. (Completely uneducated guess)

shiftat8k

Reaction score
If Verizon DID say this (and lets just be clear I am not in anyway shape or form calling you a liar) but if they did 1-5 days would be awesome. Its better than waiting 6 weeks. Hopefully it is the actual release of ICS.

{×Sent from my Droid-Razr×}

I can understand your questioning it. I bought the RAZR on its release date, with the promise of ICS in weeks. I've been waiting a long time for it, so I'm not going to try and fool anyone.

And it is very true the rep could've been clueless. But I'm sure a LOT of people are calling and asking why they don't have ICS yet. When I first called, I had to wait for at least 10 minutes to talk to someone because of unusually high call volume. That leads me to believe their techs have some working knowledge of the situation.

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
Got to thinking that after everyone gets the update then of course the next big thing is gonna be Jelly Bean and when we can get it. And with that will come new promises not kept by providers and manufacturers, rumors, and I'd imagine some pretty funny puns. I wanna be the first to use a Jelly Bean pun directed at waiting on the ICS update. Don't they think it's bean long enough?

Sorry, I'm off today and bored, LOL

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Got to thinking that after everyone gets the update then of course the next big thing is gonna be Jelly Bean and when we can get it. And with that will come new promises not kept by providers and manufacturers, rumors, and I'd imagine some pretty funny puns. I wanna be the first to use a Jelly Bean pun directed at waiting on the ICS update. Don't they think it's bean long enough?

Sorry, I'm off today and bored, LOL

HaHa..... :icon_ banana: It's peanut butter Jelly Bean time :icon_ banana:

I'm off today too, hoping for some Ice Cream Sandwich delivery, but apparently the Ice Cream Truck isn't running yet :icon_eek:

BadAzzFireman

Reaction score
Wonder if when my phone alerts me to the update if it'll play the tune the ice cream trucks use when they roll by? I swear that tune sounds like something dying, lol

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

nkfry

Reaction score
I just spoke with Michelle in tech support and she said: Full rollout is beginning today and will be continuous until everyone has been updated (no set limit of users will be updated, it will be from start to finish), the OTA will run 24/7, and has to be pushed to your phone manual update won't work. She also said if you miss the first circulation of the OTA that it will be resent to you or updatable via the manual update after the official OTA has been released. There is no rhyme or reason as to how the OTA will go out it will get to your handset when your phone number is selected.

Last edited: