ICS this week?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove sound for the screenshot?

I have been looking far and wide for this. I dont want folks thinking I'm taking perv shots of me or them...lol. Didnt really see anything in the build.prop file. Might look thru it again today. (AFAIK you can only mess with the build.prop if you are rooted.)

jaybogg

Reaction score
Finally back home. Woke up this morning and still no ICS:angry:. For grins, I did the settings/about phone thing and low and behold, it told me the update was available. Downloading it now. I thought it was bull when someone said to check this way, as I always got the "your phone is up to date" message, but this time it seemed to force the download or was highly coincidental. So if you have gotten no texts or notifications, you might try manually checking. Then again I might have been the last one in the US to get it!!:biggrin: Now I will be seeing you all on the other threads, asking a million questions. Of course I have a weeks worth of reading to get caught up on also.:)

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Im sorry to hear that. Hopefully in August we all wake up with jelly bean lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BGTow

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
I saw someone say that of you disable the stock texting app it will replace the icon with your other texting app. To disable go to app drawer, drag texting app up to more options, select app info click disable.

Yep. That's the trick. Got it the way i want it now.
Thanks.

modestokid

Reaction score
Ok. So i just got back into town. Downloaded the update. Installed it. And it said it failed. Y? Do i gotta b charged over 70% for it to work? I havent installed safestrap or anything like that. Was rooted but unrooted it. No custom rom nothin. Plz help been waitin for this ish for sooo ling now

Squeak87

Reaction score
modestokid said:
Ok. So i just got back into town. Downloaded the update. Installed it. And it said it failed. Y? Do i gotta b charged over 70% for it to work? I havent installed safestrap or anything like that. Was rooted but unrooted it. No custom rom nothin. Plz help been waitin for this ish for sooo ling now

There are others who had the same issue. I think they said to try a FDR. Scroll back a few pages and you should find an answer.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

modestokid

Reaction score
Dangit. Alright ima try to dwnload again and see if that works. No avail, ill do a fdr

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
holligl said:
Interesting upgrade. I did lose a few widgets. I miss the set of toggles I had for Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, and Airplane mode. Am I just missing them somewhere?

There is a new widget called "power settings" that has wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, background sync, and screen brightness toggles. To access airplane mode hold the power button down and there's a toggle for that. Also there is now a dedicated vibrate mode!!! Woohoo!

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with Ice Cream Sandwich!!!

modestokid

Reaction score
So i just did a fdr. And this da*n **** still failed! Wth? This is upsetting me. I was rooted a month and half ago and than unrooted. And.now i want this update and cant update it! Is is.major BS. HELP PLEASE SUMOME

joshxdroid

Reaction score
modestokid said:
So i just did a fdr. And this da*n **** still failed! Wth? This is upsetting me. I was rooted a month and half ago and than unrooted. And.now i want this update and cant update it! Is is.major BS. HELP PLEASE SUMOME

Someone else had the same problem, they still had remnants of their root files in their system fouling it up. I don't know how they were instructed to fix it. Maybe someone else will shed some light in that.

modestokid209

Reaction score
yes please. someone help me out please. i really would like this update, been waiting a while for it and now ive got it but cant even install it. please help