[ROM] ICS pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre Alpha

mgross029

Reaction score
drewrivera said:
Already tested and yes there's nothing you can do with it. Especially that the colors are reversed but I wouldn't mind having ice cream on yellow with both the phone and camera working. Kang is still the better pre,pre,pre, ice cream. Keep up your awesome work though guys.

d1 milestoner

Interesting... My screen colors are Orange on Black background when I load it up.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well here's an idea to try with this for whoever wants to try rob to tackle it...
If you haven't heard there is a highly optimized tool chain that is now being used to build ics- linaro...it can greatly improve performance

Might be worth trying if you ever get the current builds to work well enough to use (even if calling is broken still)
It could very well make ics run better than gingerbread or even froyo

mgross029

Reaction score
metalspring said:
Well here's an idea to try with this for whoever wants to try rob to tackle it...
If you haven't heard there is a highly optimized tool chain that is now being used to build ics- linaro...it can greatly improve performance

Might be worth trying if you ever get the current builds to work well enough to use (even if calling is broken still)
It could very well make ics run better than gingerbread or even froyo

Read about that one and personally I think kfazz's build run better than gb or froyo right now, so with that new toolchain it would probably fly and allow for better or continued development on the older hardware platforms for ICS. Good thoughts...

Sam123

Reaction score
Out of topic...but I tried your AOKP build. It booted fine, but couldn't do much with it due to the launcher crash. good work though. Just curious, are you still working on it? Thanks

mgross029

Reaction score
Out of topic...but I tried your AOKP build. It booted fine, but couldn't do much with it due to the launcher crash. good work though. Just curious, are you still working on it? Thanks

Thanks... Just got back. I was out of town all last week so didn't get anything done. Plan on picking it back up this week though so hopefully I can get something else working.

mgross029

Reaction score
Well started working on this again when I got back and successfully compiled a CM9 (ICS 4.04) image, but there are a lot of apps missing and not sure why they did not compile with the image. So, I'm going back through and rerunning the compile to see if they get picked up.

The CM9 image boots, but no launcher at all. No sound. Wifi does work, no SuperUser though so not much I can do with the image via ADB. We'll see what happens on the next compile. Also, still working on a rebuild of the AOKP source to try and get some better results. Stay tuned.

Cush,
Did you make any headway on getting your system in working order?

Edit: Also forgot to metion. I am compiling with the new optimized linaro toolchain

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well started working on this again when I got back and successfully compiled a CM9 (ICS 4.04) image, but there are a lot of apps missing and not sure why they did not compile with the image. So, I'm going back through and rerunning the compile to see if they get picked up.

The CM9 image boots, but no launcher at all. No sound. Wifi does work, no SuperUser though so not much I can do with the image via ADB. We'll see what happens on the next compile. Also, still working on a rebuild of the AOKP source to try and get some better results. Stay tuned.

Cush,
Did you make any headway on getting your system in working order?

Edit: Also forgot to metion. I am compiling with the new optimized linaro toolchain

Make sure to use the -2 arguement first -3 can break a lot of things

Also it seems like kfazz is finally back on xda

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Still nada dropped it off and they're looking to see what it is and the best way to go about it cost wise I've been putting away cash each check and as long as no more surprise expenses creep up should have a system up and by august at the latest

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

mgross029

Reaction score
metalspring said:
Make sure to use the -2 arguement first -3 can break a lot of things

Also it seems like kfazz is finally back on xda

Thanks for the heads up I'll check to see which version I pulled down. That would be great if kfazz jumped on the OG wagon again.

mgross029

Reaction score
cush2push said:
Still nada dropped it off and they're looking to see what it is and the best way to go about it cost wise I've been putting away cash each check and as long as no more surprise expenses creep up should have a system up and by august at the latest

Sorry to here that. So they're not sure what is wrong with it then or just not sure how to fix it cheap?

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to here that. So they're not sure what is wrong with it then or just not sure how to fix it cheap?

They're not sure what is wrong i asked them to let me know cost wise before hand to gauge if cheaper to get a new machine over repair or vise versa

mgross029

Reaction score
They're not sure what is wrong i asked them to let me know cost wise before hand to gauge if cheaper to get a new machine over repair or vise versa

Understand... Too bad you're so far away I could have probably figured that thing out a while ago and fixed it for next to nothing. I have a ton of old hardware I could have tried. :biggrin:

Question for you though. Any idea why some of the package/apps are not compiling when I make on CM9 source? Mainly the Trebuchet launcher is not compiling as well as others.

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Understand... Too bad you're so far away I could have probably figured that thing out a while ago and fixed it for next to nothing. I have a ton of old hardware I could have tried. :biggrin:

Question for you though. Any idea why some of the package/apps are not compiling when I make on CM9 source? Mainly the Trebuchet launcher is not compiling as well as others.

The make file would need to have them in there to include them you could have the device make file include the cm vendor file
# Inherit common CM stuff $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

mgross029

Reaction score
The make file would need to have them in there to include them you could have the device make file include the cm vendor file
# Inherit common CM stuff $(call inherit-product, vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk)

Thanks Cush,
I knew it had to be a Make file but couldn't find anything on it anywhere. I'll try that out to see how it works.