ICS OTA Bugs!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny. You had me staring at my screen as I turned it off and then back on. Didn't see anything. Almost disappointed. Go figure.

If you tap your power button right after your lights go out ,on power down, does your lock screen show back up for a few seconds ? Not plugged in.
I get the error message when I plug it in right after shutting it off. I forgot that tidbit before since that's usually the only time I ever power mine off. If I wait about 30 seconds after to plug it in it doesn't do it.
I don't have fast boot on either.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope. Didn't see it.

What launcher are you using? I'm using Nova and since yours isn't doing it and mine is that might be a clue to where my battery life is going. I know on my Inc the update from froyo to gingerbread increased my battery life at least 30%

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I just tried, no error message. I did get my red lights to come back on for a second by powering it off, then hitting the power button as soon as the screen went off. I may not have plugged it in soon enough since I was trying to get the home screen back too. I like multitasking, even if my phone doesn't :biggrin:

linbmcd

Reaction score
When I turn mine off about 30 seconds after the red lights and screen go dark, my lock screen comes back on for about 3 seconds with an "unexpected error" message in the notification bar, then the phone powers down the rest of the way. I laugh that it says "unexpected". What are there expected errors that wouldn't give the message?

There are errors everywhere:p.

Mine does something similar - when I turn mine off, it takes about 14 seconds for the white "HTC" screen to fade out. The screen is now black, but 20 seconds later, the lock screen comes on - no error message - for about 3 seconds, and then shuts off completely.

Tkelch

Reaction score
Independent Volume Control Feature Lost??

Maybe this isn't a bug, but I have lost a ReZound feature that I LOVED!! Before the ICS update I could turn my email and text notifications to silent, and leave my phone volume as loud as I wanted. What happened?? Or, is this a merely a user issue?? :blink:

corki2

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't a bug, but I have lost a ReZound feature that I LOVED!! Before the ICS update I could turn my email and text notifications to silent, and leave my phone volume as loud as I wanted. What happened?? Or, is this a merely a user issue?? :blink:

They are linked now. You have to use an app to unlink them. One app that can do it is Audio Control. It's in the market. In Audio Control settings, choose Custom Ringer and unlink ringer and notifications.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tkelch

Reaction score
They are linked now. You have to use an app to unlink them. One app that can do it is Audio Control. It's in the market. In Audio Control settings, choose Custom Ringer and unlink ringer and notifications.

Thanks so much! Downloaded the app, and playing with it now to figure out all the options/profiles/schedules. This in itself could occupy me for days!

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I disabled fast boot, this got rid of the flash of home screen before the white HTC screen. BUT when I powered down, waited for the lights to turn out, pressed the power button, I was still able to use my phone for close to a minute, just didn't have a signal.

mikeny

Reaction score
I installed the .12 leak on my wife's phone as it wasn't getting the update. I saw the 'Sorry, settings has stopped' error that I was on seeing on the .10 leak. I haven't seen that bug on my own phone yet which I also flashed.

This happens every so often when you press 'settings'. If you press it again it goes to it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Having to BUY an app to unlock embedded features is giving me flash backs to my nightmare time with ios. I don't mind paying if it's to add something, and have spent a lot on well done and/or feature adding apps but $3 to unlock a feature I used to have is just more than I'm willing to pay. The lite version didn't work, said I have to buy full version.
Sorry. Rant over.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

corki2

Reaction score
Having to BUY an app to unlock embedded features is giving me flash backs to my nightmare time with ios. I don't mind paying if it's to add something, and have spent a lot on well done and/or feature adding apps but $3 to unlock a feature I used to have is just more than I'm willing to pay. The lite version didn't work, said I have to buy full version.
Sorry. Rant over.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

I agree, you shouldn't have to buy an app to have what should be there in the first place. I will say that I do like the versatility of Audio Control and am glad I found it and would find it very useful even if I didn't need it to unlink stuff. At least it's a quality app with profiles and customizable widgets. That's the bright side, I suppose.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, you shouldn't have to buy an app to have what should be there in the first place. I will say that I do like the versatility of Audio Control and am glad I found it and would find it very useful even if I didn't need it to unlink stuff. At least it's a quality app with profiles and customizable widgets. That's the bright side, I suppose.

Pm sent to not get too far off topic. Got a couple questions

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A question about a gsam reading. On th's screen usage it shows mostly dark but used 49% power. Does dark mean off and shouldn't off be a much lower usage?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><