ICS OTA Bugs!

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread started on this, so here goes.

1) Stock camera app doesn't work. Makes screen flicker green! Have to open something else to make it go away. Other camera apps work fine.

2) Not so much a bug, but annoyance. Cannot drag GoSMS app to new bottom app bar. Other apps move fine.

3) This one might be a biggie. Screen has a huge delay coming on. When I hit power button, bottom buttons light up but screen stays off. I then power "off" and power back on and wait about 10 seconds before screen appears. Might need a reset, but hopefully not a factory reset!

I think that is it for now...

acejavelin

Reaction score
Not seeing ANY of these issues or any other problems at all, all the things you mentioned are working fine and normally.

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Not seeing ANY of these issues or any other problems at all, all the things you mentioned are working fine and normally.

Huh, I'll have to fiddle around a bit more. The phone at least works!:biggrin:

gerrya

Reaction score
Only thing I am seeing is my contacts will not sync?

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Only thing I am seeing is my contacts will not sync?

My contacts sync....but wow, has it been syncing for a LONG time! I do have a lot of contacts so maybe it just takes hours to get it done. Did the battery pull, we'll see if those other issues go away.

One thing nice is boot up is very fast!

Snoking

Reaction score
Ok, what did I do to the bottom of my screen? Shadow of another screen. Way have happen when I loaded notification bar and the reinstalled it.

Last edited:
OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Well, I was hoping for the best but it looks like I will be doing a factory reset soon :angry: My Wifi just went out. I get 4G but no matter how much I toggle the modes cannot get it to use Wifi. I says there's an EXCELLENT signal, but when I hit connect it goes away. Grrr.

tc1

Reaction score
Well, I was hoping for the best but it looks like I will be doing a factory reset soon :angry: My Wifi just went out. I get 4G but no matter how much I toggle the modes cannot get it to use Wifi. I says there's an EXCELLENT signal, but when I hit connect it goes away. Grrr.

Bluetooth is spotty for me.

Edit

Wasn't phone, was audio source, bt is fine.

Last edited:
OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
A power off/on fixed the Wifi thankfully, and it looks like my screen delay went away...sort of. It's a bit finicky. The stock camera is still freaking out which is quite odd. Cannot delete it, but might try to disable/enable and see if that fixes it. Fortunately there are good replacement camera apps!!

I think what this update is going to need is time so "sort" itself out.

Snoking

Reaction score
Man this is a hour killer. Had the screen issue above and cleared sense cache before I figure out it eas my wall paper. SO I had to redo all my home screens again.

Phone is however running fast and clean.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those with ics issues may want to try a factory reset. If you not rooted back up your apps with mybackup first. Going from rom to rom of the same build can cause issues which is why we wipe. I can see going from gb to ics could cause issues. That is just my thoughts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2