ICS OTA Bugs!

lekolite

Reaction score
Since updating I've had a blank notification in the bar. Shows up as a space between notification icons. I Assume some app I have isn't ics compliant, but I have no idea which. Wasn't a problem on gb. I'm stock and locked.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Having an issue where text message arrival makes no audible notification. Anyone else have this? Notification volume is all the way up and I've tried several different sounds.
Mine was doing the same thing, go to settings, press the sound and it wouldn't play then either. I had to change to a different sound.
Noticing more issues, now my list is, in no particular order:
  • Screen lag (bottom lights come on, but screen takes a second or two [lag time is random])
  • Mobile data widget works when it wants to. Turned off via widget, took about 8 hours to finally turn off (once I woke up) then took almost an hour to finally get data back.
  • Notification light keeps blinking for a few minutes after replying to text messages
  • Battery runs a little hotter
  • Phone overall is slower, especially noticed in games. The same ones are now choppier on my Rezound, than they are on my Droid 2
  • Charge port seems to be a little touchier (using the same care charger, I have to make sure it's exactly right, before it worked flawlessly)
That's all I can think of for now, I wish I had GB back. I haven't battery pulled or factory reset, yet. I have turned the phone off for a couple hours and rebooted multiple times.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My camera just crashed and aftermarket ones say "camera hardware crash, please rebbot phone". WTF? I have been using it fine since Friday. No new apps or setting changes. It seems like bugs are starting from nowhere.
Battery meter was 70%, phone went to sleep, checked an hour later it's 43% so I plugged it in and checked after a few minutes, it's up to 73% .This is getting old but at least my Watch Dog app alerts have stopped chiming every couple of hours because this or that just exceeded the 50% cpu use threshold to alert I've set.
Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I don't know if this belongs here or in the battery issues thread, but..
I turned my phone off when the charge was at 14% according to my gsam battery app. Plugged it into the wall charger and it took over 4 hours to charge. (Found a use for screenshots) Once the light turned green, I turned it on, set the alarm and turned off the mobile data (using the stock widget[the data symbol {1x, 3g, 4g} went away, yet the chart still shows it getting having signal]), in between 7 and 8 hours it had dropped to 79%. Turned the 4G back on (never turned it off on GB, and would get more than a day out of it with light use) and less than 5 minutes later it was down to 74%. An hour and 45 minutes after the screenshot, it's all the way down to 66%
View attachment 54146
This is with no use other than turning the screen on to turn off the alarm, then I thought I read the charge wrong, so I turned the screen on a second time, then just now I plugged it into the usb to get the screenshot off the phone, and checked the charge level again.

Last edited:

johnfish

Reaction score
FWIW I had numreous issues after the ICS upgrade up to and including the sim card not being recognized. I did a factory reset on friday and all my issues went away. My phone has been great since the reset including all the issues I was having with intermitant 4G. I am very happy with my phone now.

John

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Well, a full day out "in the field" and I can say that the 4G is quite a bit more consistent...no drops over 7 hrs. Overall I think ICS has helped in stability but that could also be attributed to not loading back all the apps I had before. As you add more apps, things can get really wonky.

I have some of the same issues as VooDooCC has...lag with screen turning on, beautiful widgets sort of works, battery runs a bit hotter, camera freaks out, and life is equal or a little worse than on GB. The phone is running fast though! No issues with video or audio though I haven't used it much yet.

I can see Verizon doing a bug update as this isn't a finished product. I REALLY hope they will give us JB but if we do get it it will likely be 4th Q 2013...when Licorice (or whaterver is coming out).

Snoking

Reaction score
Everyone says the screen is the big user of power. And it might be, however GSAM Battery monitor breaks things down differently. Gsam indicayes the Kernel as a big battery drain. In the screen shots here, the kernel is 28 percent of the 70.4 percent the apps are using(or 19.7 percent of total). The OEM battery report seems to lump a bunch of things together and call it screen/display.

Last edited:

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I just checked my GSAM, the app sucker only shows the apps usage, not the "peripherals" is that the right word? Also, mine says GSAM is one of the biggest battery drains. I'll try the factory reset when I get home later and see if that helps anything out.

Snoking

Reaction score
BTW! I was have weird home screen issues and before I figured out it was a wall paper issue, I cleared sense cache. I had to rebuild all my home screens and other custom stuff beyond the OEM sense. I did not have to reactive the phone and lost no data. For someone else with weird problems it would be a good test to see it it fixes your issues.

Snoking

Reaction score
VooDooCC said:
I just checked my GSAM, the app sucker only shows the apps usage, not the "peripherals" is that the right word? Also, mine says GSAM is one of the biggest battery drains. I'll try the factory reset when I get home later and see if that helps anything out.

Select App Usage. Then the down arrow let's you select different reports.

tc1

Reaction score
Only issue I have is with bluetooth.

Connecting to my "lg tones" bt earbuds takes some fiddling. It will connect and play on the phone but no sound comes from either.

Switching the headset off and on helps.

But blue tooth range seems shorter.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Reaction score
Only issue I have is with bluetooth.

Connecting to my "lg tones" bt earbuds takes some fiddling. It will connect and play on the phone but no sound comes from either.

Switching the headset off and on helps.

But blue tooth range seems shorter.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
I had issues with my Plantronics Voyager headset when I first upgraded... I deleted the profile in the BT settings of the phone and re-paired it and have had no issues since then, Might help you.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank God I stayed with the ICS .10 leak, been running it for months now with no issues, I guess Verizon had everyone wait for the clunky OTA .12 update, LOL.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS/Galaxy Siii using Droid Forums

Last edited: