ICS OTA Bugs!

davidm2

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread started on this, so here goes.

1) Stock camera app doesn't work. Makes screen flicker green! Have to open something else to make it go away. Other camera apps work fine.

2) Not so much a bug, but annoyance. Cannot drag GoSMS app to new bottom app bar. Other apps move fine.

3) This one might be a biggie. Screen has a huge delay coming on. When I hit power button, bottom buttons light up but screen stays off. I then power "off" and power back on and wait about 10 seconds before screen appears. Might need a reset, but hopefully not a factory reset!

I think that is it for now...

Not seeing these specifics, but the update did get stuck in an endless cycle of reboots that required pulling the battery to break. Panning the camera causes the image on the screen to jerk (there is a slight green hue -- but very slight). Don't see the screen delay mentioned, but do so an occasional slight lag (no other word for it).

My biggest complaint with ICS is that battery life, far from getting better as expected, is about half what it was with Gingerbread. According to Verizon, ICS does impact battery life -- though say what I get is more severe that expected.

All in all this reminds me of the Thunderbolt update that caused constant reboots followed by the "fix" that sent SMS to random people.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Mine has erratic "bugs"; occasionally I'll try to open an app I've been using, and it refuses to. It just highlights the icon, and if I keep tapping it, it changes to Move/Delete/etc. Moving from that screen seems to fix it. It drops 4G periodically, and when it's charging at night it drops WiFi altogether and it's sitting on 3G until I change it. During normal use at home, it stays on WiFi just fine once I've set it.

One thing I do have is that ever since the update, I have what appears to be a Timer icon in the notification bar (a circle with a line through part of it; I can't do a screen shot at the moment). When I drag the notifications open, it disappears, and there's nothing else open. When I check running apps, no timers of any kind are running.

And lastly, the battery life has gone from great to abysmal. Hopefully that will change as I figure out some of the new settings; in the mean time I'm glad I got the extended battery. :blink:

davidm2

Reaction score
VooDooCC said:
Did a factory reset, hasn't helped any of the bugs I've been having :(

Don't feel bad - - didn't do anything for the issues I'm having, either. :-(

tskluzak

Reaction score
My only issue is the wallpaper. How come when we set the wallpaper now it only allows you to capture 1/3 of the picture to put on your screen when before you cropped the whole pic. See below and is anyone else's do this now? By the way I am on .10 leak.

View attachment 54182

corki2

Reaction score
My only issue is the wallpaper. How come when we set the wallpaper now it only allows you to capture 1/3 of the picture to put on your screen when before you cropped the whole pic. See below and is anyone else's do this now? By the way I am on .10 leak.

View attachment 54182

If you download PicSpeed from the market it will fix it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MJKneuro

Reaction score
corki2 said:
If you download PicSpeed from the market it will fix it.

Can't figure out how to use your own photos in picspeed

corki2

Reaction score
Can't figure out how to use your own photos in picspeed

Just use it to set any of their wallpapers. Then try one of your own the regular way. Somehow it makes the stock wallpaper setter work correctly after you use it. Not sure why, but it always works for me.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Found another one. When turning the phone back on, it flashes the lock screen for a split second, then does the 4G logo splash screen. Once it gets through that, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to update the battery and clock.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
corki2 said:
Just use it to set any of their wallpapers. Then try one of your own the regular way. Somehow it makes the stock wallpaper setter work correctly after you use it. Not sure why, but it always works for me.

When I try this it looks like I am making a bigger crop, but what ends up on the screen is the same as when using the native app.

corki2

Reaction score
When I try this it looks like I am making a bigger crop, but what ends up on the screen is the same as when using the native app.

There are boxes below the wallpaper you have chosen in Picspeed. Different ways to crop. I use the center one and its perfect. I set one of their wallpapers like that, then change my wallpaper to one of my own and it gives me the same crop option I used last in Picspeed.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
corki2 said:
There are boxes below the wallpaper you have chosen in Picspeed. Different ways to crop. I use the center one and its perfect. I set one of their wallpapers like that, then change my wallpaper to one of my own and it gives me the same crop option I used last in Picspeed.

Tried it with all 3 boxes. The first one, of course, is small. Unfortunately, on my phone, with the other two, what ends up on the screen is always smaller then selected on the crop - never the full picture width.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Turns out I was wrong, the wallpaper flashes on for a split second before the white HTC screen.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found another one. When turning the phone back on, it flashes the lock screen for a split second, then does the 4G logo splash screen. Once it gets through that, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to update the battery and clock.

When I turn mine off about 30 seconds after the red lights and screen go dark, my lock screen comes back on for about 3 seconds with an "unexpected error" message in the notification bar, then the phone powers down the rest of the way. I laugh that it says "unexpected". What are there expected errors that wouldn't give the message?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Funny. You had me staring at my screen as I turned it off and then back on. Didn't see anything. Almost disappointed. Go figure.