ICS on the MAXX

ricks

Reaction score
Research is not the same as having the phone. The battery does suck on it and I am not a big fan of the plastic. But research the maxx and you find a lot of things wrong with it as well. two reasons I buy most of the good smart phones that come out. 1 I like to have new toys. 2 I do not like to listen to people that say they researched something because they read something over the internet. If you want to read someone tell you how a maxx is better than a nexus and take their word for that's great. It does not bother me that you want to stick with a phone that has last years specs and a great battery. I would rather have my hands on all the phones that I can and see what runs the best. And although I do like the maxx when it comes down to it its nothing more than a phone mid range phone with a great battery life. Don't take my word on this since you like to do research look up other phones and compare them

What have you heard that is wrong with the maxx? I like new toys also and would never buy something that gets bad reviews from multiple sites. I put my hands on all phones that I am interested in. I research all I can on these phones. I find that the maxx is better than the Nexus.

ricks

Reaction score
battery life is important to me as well. Thats why I use it but I do take the nexus with me every where I go because it has a better screen and easier to text on. I am on my maxx now because my battery is almost dead on my nexus. does your maxx ever drop internet? Mine does at least 5 times a day. My nexus may not always show a good internet connection but it always puts out fast speeds. The maxx shows good internet connection but it won't connect to the internet

My maxx never loses internet connection. If my phone dropped internet, I would get it replaced and have one that works correctly because I would not want a defective phone. I also would never buy a phone and keep it that gets bad reception.

Last edited:

jgmecarter

Reaction score
ricks said:
My maxx never loses internet connection. If my phone dropped internet, I would get it replaced and have one that works correctly because I would not want a defective phone. I also would never buy a phone and keep it that gets bad reception.

This is my thrid one and they have all dropped internet. The touch screen has not been accurate on any of them either. And even on 4G the internet is slow my old Droid charge is faster than the maxx when it comes to loading Web pages and downloading things. But the battery life is great

ricks

Reaction score
This is my thrid one and they have all dropped internet. The touch screen has not been accurate on any of them either. And even on 4G the internet is slow my old Droid charge is faster than the maxx when it comes to loading Web pages and downloading things. But the battery life is great

Sounds like phones don't like you??? Does anyone else here have these issues on the maxx?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
ricks said:
Sounds like phones don't like you??? Does anyone else here have these issues on the maxx?

the funny thing is the only problems I have had are devices from motorola. I have never had bad problems with phones from HTC Samsung or LG. But I do like motorola but I always seem to have data problems with them. All devices show to have a good signal but the internet likes to just stop working

ricks

Reaction score
the funny thing is the only problems I have had are devices from motorola. I have never had bad problems with phones from HTC Samsung or LG. But I do like motorola but I always seem to have data problems with them. All devices show to have a good signal but the internet likes to just stop working

I always had good luck with Motorola and its my favorite manufacturer

clintro

Reaction score
battery life is important to me as well. Thats why I use it but I do take the nexus with me every where I go because it has a better screen and easier to text on. I am on my maxx now because my battery is almost dead on my nexus. does your maxx ever drop internet? Mine does at least 5 times a day. My nexus may not always show a good internet connection but it always puts out fast speeds. The maxx shows good internet connection but it won't connect to the internet

the only time I really have an issue is at a certain point close to my house when it is switching from 4g to 3g, the signal bounces back and forth on one winding road. Likely I am driving right on the edge of the coverage and it gets confused. Also sometimes on the middle of a long bridge also a transition point but from one 4g tower to another. Other than those two situations it is pretty rock solid.

I do restart my phone every few days, just to keep everything fresh, if you change out batteries on the nexus everyday that would be basically doing the same thing daily.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can NOT believe it! Guess What just ARRIVED!!!

That's right Santa and 12 tiny reindeer and he (Santa) looked Pis...MAD! He was looking for the Easter Bunny, Batman and ICS (in that order)

He asked me IF I had seen anybody and I said I thought maybe a Large Bunny and the Mailman, NO ICS though:icon_eek:

yellowcanary73

Reaction score
the funny thing is the only problems I have had are devices from motorola. I have never had bad problems with phones from HTC Samsung or LG. But I do like motorola but I always seem to have data problems with them. All devices show to have a good signal but the internet kes to just stop working

I'm so happy I traded my G/N for this Maxx better 3g and 4g connection,no reboots no problems with rotations taking for ever. Battery life blows away the G/N even with the extended battery had to charge it 2 to 3 time a day the Maxx once every 36 hours.

Cinoib

Reaction score
yellowcanary73 said:
I'm so happy I traded my G/N for this Maxx better 3g and 4g connection,no reboots no problems with rotations taking for ever. Battery life blows away the G/N even with the extended battery had to charge it 2 to 3 time a day the Maxx once every 36 hours.

Well, I want the new Maxx that has the 300 + ppi and the 1.5 ghz processor dual core.

Oh, Santa didn't bring ics to me yesterday.

Yet another rumor run amuck.

Reaction score
Just got a text from Verizon saying my phone will be updated to ICS soon and the Verizon IM app will be removed because its not compatible with ICS. Hopefully this is happens soon! :)