ICS on the MAXX

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Caesars said:
How the HECK do you set email to every few hours instead of push w/o extra apps? Where i assume you would click on it, it's greyed out and can't be changed :(

MAXX.edu

I think my email is set for manual or every four hours. I don't use the stock email app but I can't imagine that you can't set it to grab your email at longer intervals. I actually prefer to get my email when I feel like taking the time to weed through it. So far I have not had any emergency situations where it required me to find out via email... not from my kids, my employees, my family or my friends.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
I think my email is set for manual or every four hours. I don't use the stock email app but I can't imagine that you can't set it to grab your email at longer intervals. I actually prefer to get my email when I feel like taking the time to weed through it. So far I have not had any emergency situations where it required me to find out via email... not from my kids, my employees, my family or my friends.

It has to exist somewhere, i just can't find it lol. I can turn sync off on all my accounts under "my accounts" but i just can't find the option to change the time intervals ;(

ICS MELTED my battery life

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Caesars said:
It has to exist somewhere, i just can't find it lol. I can turn sync off on all my accounts under "my accounts" but i just can't find the option to change the time intervals ;(

ICS MELTED my battery life

I'm guessing here but try long pressing on the email account and see if it brings up settings... or see if menu gives you settings and then see if it has a list of each email where you can set up each email account preferences.

Squeak87

Reaction score
Does anyone know if lowering or disabling the window and screen animations helps save battery? I assume it would but probably not a noticeable amount.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It doesn't help mine.... ymmv

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Horch it

Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
Try a home screen replacement/launcher app like NOVA, Go Launcher, etc.

They tend to provide many more features than stock.

Just tried nova and it looks pretty slick, exactly that i was looking for, thankz, zom

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
You can try trebucket.apk or apex launcher

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Squeak87

Reaction score
I also looked at Nova, and it is a nice launcher, but still not my style. I'll use the stock ICS launcher until I find one.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

larsocam

Reaction score
Still no update......

So I have a droid razr maxx and still have nto received the ice cream sandwich update. I have even tried going to Settings --> About Phone --> System updates and it either just sits there thinking or immediately says updates are not available at this time, try again later. I have 4G coverage (although somewhat intermittent) where I live, what can I do to get this update? I feel like I have been waiting for months

:angry:

jgmecarter

Reaction score
So I have a droid razr maxx and still have nto received the ice cream sandwich update. I have even tried going to Settings --> About Phone --> System updates and it either just sits there thinking or immediately says updates are not available at this time, try again later. I have 4G coverage (although somewhat intermittent) where I live, what can I do to get this update? I feel like I have been waiting for months

:angry:

I had a friend that did not get the update and he called Verizon and they pushed the update to his phone. He said that he had to call 3 times before some one would help him. So if the first person says that they can not do anything to help you keep calling back until someone does help you

Reaction score
The screen drains the battery so much now. Also this automatically adjust screen brightness is way too dark. I have yet to find a widget capable of adjusting the screen brightness since the ICS update. The screen brightness will not change with every widget I have downloaded from the Play Store.

ripper2860

Reaction score
The screen drains the battery so much now. Also this automatically adjust screen brightness is way too dark. I have yet to find a widget capable of adjusting the screen brightness since the ICS update. The screen brightness will not change with every widget I have downloaded from the Play Store.

Widgetsoid works for me. I created a widget that toggles screen brightness between 25/50/100/Auto.