ICS on the MAXX

clintro

Reaction score
If you guys want it that bad... Just DL the link. Lol that ours what i did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if a Force Update will work to get ICS? I read about it a couple weeks ago. Basically you do this:

1. Go to your Settings
  2. Applications
  3. Manage Applications
  4. Tap All
  5. Go to Google Services Framework
  6. Click Force Stop, then Clear Data
  7. Go Back 3x
  8. Click About phone
  9. Click System Updates

Warning: From what I've read, this apparently this sets the date back to 12/31/69 for whatever reason. I don't know if this does anything else to your phone.

I'm wondering if this works, though? I'm also wondering that those that have said that've received the update have already stopped Google Services Framework, previously.

Last edited:

unkljake

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if a Force Update will work to get ICS? I read about it a couple weeks ago. Basically you do this:

1. Go to your Settings
  2. Applications
  3. Manage Applications
  4. Tap All
  5. Go to Google Services Framework
  6. Click Clear Data then Force Stop
  7. Go Back 3x
  8. Click About phone
  9. Click System Updates

Warning: From what I've read, this apparently this sets the date back to 12/31/69 for whatever reason. I don't know if this does anything else to your phone.

I'm wondering if this works, though? I'm also wondering that those that have said that've received the update have already stopped Google Services Framework, previously.

I'm trying, and it's not working yet. Been at it for about ten minutes. Also, I can Force Stop THEN Clear date, but not the other way around.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm trying, and it's not working yet. Been at it for about ten minutes. Also, I can Force Stop THEN Clear date, but not the other way around.
OK sorry about that. I fixed the post. I guess I shouldn't be too concerned about losing my contacts or accounts despite the warnings. I can always reload them.

rpdonald

Reaction score
What I find hilarious is that when you check for an update, it tells you that your phone is up to date. That's all and good except for the fact that ICS is official now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Ok this is probably a silly question but can anyone tell me if the people getting the ics updates right now are those who volunteered for the soak test?

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
No my son got it and he had no idea it was even coming

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Ok this is probably a silly question but can anyone tell me if the people getting the ics updates right now are those who volunteered for the soak test?

Some are but there are many that did not sign up for the soak test and did not receive any notification either. So some of both. Pretty random selection for the first round, but it seems it is a soak and they will gauge over the weekend if there are glitches to fix and depending on how well thing go, we suspect the real OTA release starts early this week.

Caesars

Reaction score
Does the moto version of ics have the ability to set battery meter to percentage?

Caesars

Reaction score
Yeah 1% is what I am after, thought I saw it, but it may have been a touchwiz video.

toneyl

Reaction score
All this talk about ice cream sandwich has me craving them. I eat them very slooooowly in front of my MAXX so it will get jealous and get its own ice cream sandwich. Hasn't worked so far :p

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
No you need to download app for that. I have battery circle it show 1%. Is just Motorola don't support it for their ninjablur phones.

Yeah 1% is what I am after, thought I saw it, but it may have been a touchwiz video.