ICS on the MAXX

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed ICS via USB from a post on this thread probably within the last page or two. It's running pretty slow. It might pick up, though. I'm getting these messages about updating apps and installing shortcuts. I'll let it "soak" in with my phone a bit and then I'll mess around with it. I have to say at first glance, I do miss my GO Launcher. I don't know what is built into ICS, though. I suppose there could be something similar.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
JOSHSKORN said:
I do miss my GO Launcher. I don't know what is built into ICS, though. I suppose there could be something similar.

Go Launcher does not work with ICS? What other apps don't work with it? I had to get a replacement phone and it came the day the update started to push so I have been using the stock launcher and I am about to give in and download go again if go does not work with ics not so sure i even want to get the update when it finally pushes.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

But but they have ICS so they are super smart and helpful must be all that sugar from ics... ;)

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I noticed alot of new people on here since ics came out, makes me nervous seeing them give advice to others, just saying

sent from droid REPLICATOR

sorry I did not know this site was only for smart people like yourself.

Rhino94

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:

I think it's for the well endowed, everyone else just kind of posts dumb stuff to feel important.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:

I've noticed quite a few people, who have been around this forum for a long time, give horrible advice. The good thing is, one can usually get a plethora of advice here and decide for themselves what best suits their needs.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
ndtaylor77 said:
I've noticed quite a few people, who have been around this forum for a long time, give horrible advice. The good thing is, one can usually get a plethora of advice here and decide for themselves what best suits their needs.

Me included! This forum is to share and learn from each other. I think this forum is excellent at that! I have learned lots from DF veterans and DF "newbies." Sometimes those that are new give the best advice because they are discovering things we missed or forgot about and present it in a way that is understandable to all. Sometimes that "new" person may be new to DF but not new to android. I love this forum because all ideas are welcome and if one doesn't fit, then there are others to try... and if one is "wrong" (which is usually because it is"right" for one brand phone but not another), then people are very polite in explaining to the masses why the idea didn't work without insulting the poster. It makes it a very comfortable forum to post in and to learn from.

Just my $.02

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I think it's for the well endowed, everyone else just kind of posts dumb stuff to feel important.

Getting the wrong information sucks. but this site is not just for the well endowed. It is for people that don't understand things on their phone. What good would your WELL ENDOWED intellect be if no one was here to listen to you

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is a great site. Its just with ics there has been so many threads asking the same thing it can get very busy and good advice gets buried. That was why i joked about sugar from ice cream sandwich getting to people. ;) newbies can be very helpful but right now its just a little crazy and if some people(no one in mind) would just take 10 minutes to browse the forums for answer's instead of just posting it would help and as a newbie i got called out on this so been there and done that. :)

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Guess there is a Lull in the action, minor editorial comment - I have noticed an above average (IMO) referencing, on DF in it's entirety not just here in this thread, of peoples intellects and integrity. I ,for one, find such dialogue troubling.
ALL should be welcome and everyone should be taken at face value until such time they prove themselves to be unworthy.
I know the Moderators I have "met" since being here on DF are very involved and supportive. Not ALL Forums have good Mods, we do.
So, I invite those who are like minded to support the free exchange of good information free of rude rebuke and granular dissection.
For those who have received the ICS OTA Update (my Son did Friday night) - Enjoy!
For those still waiting, Enjoy the excitement that can only be felt by - anticipation.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And back to the original topic has there been any more roll outs of 4.0 today or has it stopped? Just curious.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I believe the "Original Topic" actually had something to do with champagne and special preparations for the rollout but, after perusing several threads on DF as well as other Forums - No, have not seen demonstrative signs of continued updates thus reference to "Lull in the action" :)
Possibly there is a bit of an after-action briefing going on to measure results thus far....