ICS on the MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How to say in a public forum....Hmmmm.....troubling.....Hmmm, Uhhhhh - " This ICS "thing" is a little like being back in High School, Big Date with Suzie StinkyPants and your at the drive-in and she wants pop-corn:icon_eek:......Really! I know there are two(2) movies and Five(5) hours to kill BUT.......dancedroid:icon_ banana:DancingNexus

Wutta wee wait'n fer here Haaa!! :icon_ devil:

:rofl2: Suzie who???? :blink: roflmfao... you were dating the wrong women!!! Lol

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Is there an official "I got my ICS via OTA" thread? I tried to make one, which I didn't intend to be so "spammy" like this thread but it kinda got shot down/locked.

envex

Reaction score
Can't say for certain, but I do believe ICS is being pushed to my phone as I'm typing this. Downloading an update, and is at 43%.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Can't say for certain, but I do believe ICS is being pushed to my phone as I'm typing this. Downloading an update, and is at 43%.

I have a question, possibly even a request. Would the update be rolled out all at once or possibly time-delayed based on time zone? That said, I'm wondering if I will receive this update in about 2 1/2 hours.

That said, maybe state your time zone when saying you've received the update?

envex

Reaction score
I have a question, possibly even a request. Would the update be rolled out all at once or possibly time-delayed based on time zone? That said, I'm wondering if I will receive this update in about 2 1/2 hours.

That said, maybe state your time zone when saying you've received the update?

Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but the update I was downloading was in fact ICS. I'm located in Ohio and received the update at around 1:30am. It just now finished downloading/installing. This is my first taste of ICS, and I'm completely blown away by it even in the minute or so I've used it. It's an entirely different experience.

Hang tight, you should get the update soon; this week at the latest!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but the update I was downloading was in fact ICS. I'm located in Ohio and received the update at around 1:30am. It just now finished downloading/installing. This is my first taste of ICS, and I'm completely blown away by it even in the minute or so I've used it. It's an entirely different experience.

Hang tight, you should get the update soon; this week at the latest!

OK sounds good. I'll stay up until 1:30 AM just in case! :D I'm in Los Angeles, California. It's almost 11:30 PM, here.

I have a feeling that when I wake up, my Inbox will be full of E-mails with the subject: Reply to thread 'ICS on the MAXX'!!! I kind of like reading the comments, though, so for now, I'll continue to subscribe to this thread.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I'm in Vegas and at 63% right now. There are already both east and west coast devices getting the OTA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm in Vegas and at 63% right now. There are already both east and west coast devices getting the OTA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
Does California get no love? LOL. Vegas is the same time as here.

envex

Reaction score
Does California get no love? LOL. Vegas is the same time as here.

Just have to be patient :) I was checking my phone all day for updates, then received an email from the MFN regarding ICS - the update was pushed to my phone about an hour after I received the email.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife and I both have Maxx's. I got the notification of a pending update this evening and the update started about 11:00. My wife has received neither the notification or the update. We bought our phones on the same day so that means nothing. It's probably just purely random.

big al

Reaction score
Id like to know if razr ICS allows disabling of apps like on Gnex. It would b nice to clear off the lists the junk I dont wast like vz nav etc

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

Reaction score
jkaod said:
My wife and I both have Maxx's. I got the notification of a pending update this evening and the update started about 11:00. My wife has received neither the notification or the update. We bought our phones on the same day so that means nothing. It's probably just purely random.

Thanks alot for this info. Was about to sit around all morning waiting for it to hit Texas, lol.