ICS leak kernels - no deep sleep?

olegfusion

Reaction score
[FIXED]ICS leak kernels - no deep sleep?

Hi, guys. I'm new enough with droid 4. But the one of this thing I found - I installed 215 leak ics, now I'm using it, but looks like it is not moving CPU to deep sleep state at the night.

Was anybody noticed about that thing in the previous ICS leak? I tried only kernel from 215 leak and here no deep sleep. At night it's working on 300MHz state.

If anybody has experience regarding that at previous leaks, let me know.

Last edited:

kenji91

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm new enough with droid 4. But the one of this thing I found - I installed 215 leak ics, now I'm using it, but looks like it is not moving CPU to deep sleep state at the night.

Was anybody noticed about that thing in the previous ICS leak? I tried only kernel from 215 leak and here no deep sleep. At night it's working on 300MHz state.

If anybody has experience regarding that at previous leaks, let me know.

I can't really speak on MotoICS215's behalf, but I did install the ICS215 kernel and am running CM9 on that. And I've reached deep sleep.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/181389_10151053199338324_628845842_n.jpg

kenji91

Reaction score
Also, this build.prop tweak may or may not help achieve deep sleep.

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1

Edit: I've been using 1 as the value, but now that I look at it... it makes more sense to be 0. Assuming 0 = no, you DON'T want to disable power collapse (deep sleep?).

OP
O

olegfusion

Reaction score
can't open the picture, sorry

I see now that build.prop already has deep sleep support { ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported=true }
but I'll try your fix.

OP
O

olegfusion

Reaction score
ok. Found the problem. Wifi doesn't make deep sleep.

kenji91

Reaction score
can't open the picture, sorry

I see now that build.prop already has deep sleep support { ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported=true }
but I'll try your fix.

The kernel info in my picture shows that it hasn't been changed since July 11th.

OP
O

olegfusion

Reaction score
The kernel info in my picture shows that it hasn't been changed since July 11th.

very sorry, I had DNS issue. Yes, I see now, but you're on 4g network. I found that I have deep sleep without wifi enabled, but no deep sleep with wifi is.
Do you know the library of wifi module?

Kernel wakelock is called "rx_wake" drains the battery and prevent deep sleep.

Last edited:

kenji91

Reaction score
very sorry, I had DNS issue. Yes, I see now, but you're on 4g network. I found that I have deep sleep without wifi enabled, but no deep sleep with wifi is.
Do you know the library of wifi module?

Kernel wakelock is called "rx_wake" drains the battery and prevent deep sleep.

I have no way of not being on a 4G network unless I have poor reception. In ICS/CM9, I don't have the option to toggle 4G off.

OP
O

olegfusion

Reaction score
ok, fixed this trouble. replaced original wpa_cli and wpa_supplicant from cm9 and wifi allows deep sleep now.

OP
O

olegfusion

Reaction score
update
Seems like it was only one lucky boot. No more connection to my router though wpa

update2.
got rid of that problem. I unhided the SSID of my wifi connection and Deep sleep is fine now.

Last edited: