ICS features you may not know about

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have used the wireless hotspot feature off and on over the last year, never abused it but certainly had a few months in the 5GB range mostly from hotspot use. Never heard from Verizon and I do not pay for this feature.

Let's hang this one up right here. There's a difference between Mobile HotSpot(MHS) and wireless tethering(requires root). MHS is a paid service via Verizon, wireless tethering not so much. Verizon knows when you're using MHS because it's a service that verifies with their servers that you have the necessary package. Wireless tether reconfigures your wireless driver to accept incoming requests and essentially turns your phone into a mobile router. I just wanted to to put this out there for those that don't understand and may possibly think that MHS is a free service.

tobiasg

Reaction score
Let's hang this one up right here. There's a difference between Mobile HotSpot(MHS) and wireless tethering(requires root). MHS is a paid service via Verizon, wireless tethering not so much. Verizon knows when you're using MHS because it's a service that verifies with their servers that you have the necessary package. Wireless tether reconfigures your wireless driver to accept incoming requests and essentially turns your phone into a mobile router. I just wanted to to put this out there for those that don't understand and may possibly think that MHS is a free service.

Ah, I missed that distinction and assumed wireless tether. My bad. good info for all.

--T

nissmo66

Reaction score
Is the new keyboard really that good?? I'm not sure I can give up swiftkey, it's so great.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
nissmo66 said:
Is the new keyboard really that good?? I'm not sure I can give up swiftkey, it's so great.

I don't think it's that great. I'm still using Smart Keyboard.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

tobiasg

Reaction score

I too am still using SwiftKey. Didn't give the ICS keyboard much of a shot though, just love SwiftKey.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
yllibsivad said:
What's the best ICS leak to install?

I agree with the others. If you're not rooted go with Jeff's link. If you are rooted Scott's is a popular one. I'm not rooted and I'm running the leak that Jeff linked to. It runs so good that I don't care if the official ota never comes out. I'm not missing it at all.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.