Rezound Should Get ICS in Two to Three Weeks

samiusmc

Reaction score
New reports hitting the Iinternet today indicate that Verizon is ready to serve up
Android
4.0 updates to a pair of their products. According to details passed to Droid Life, both the Motorola
Xoom
and
HTC Rezound
should see Ice Cream Sandwich over the next two to three weeks.

Up first will be Motorola Xoomtablet, which should receive the Android 4.0 treatment on April 23. As the first major tablet to run 3.0 Honeycomb, the 3G/4G Xoom's update comes months after its Wi-Fi counterpart received Ice Cream Sandwich. If the details prove to be true, Verizon will be wrapping up a "soak test" today and deploying the 106MB file in but a few days time.Jumping forward a couple of weeks, Verizon looks to have circled May 9 for the HTC Rezound's update. In the meanwhile, the carrier has started trialing the update in the real world and looks to finish up in early May.After roughly six months of waiting, Verizon customers are being treated to a flurry of Ice Cream Sandwich updates. In addition to these two models, the Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx are also said to be in the process of their own 4.0 updates.

Verizon to deploy ICS to Motorola Xoom, HTC Rezound | Mobile - CNET News

Reaction score
I'm on the edge of my ever so skeptical seat.....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
This latest rumor is more than likely just that. As I've pointed out elsewhere, 297mb does not sound like a full update. Also the soak should have begun already. I don't think this is any more real than the last. In the future please tag posts like this RUMOR.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This latest rumor . In the future please tag posts like this RUMOR.

Or maybe end the thread title with a question mark.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Sorry to threadjack, but I've got to ask; I'm using tapatalk, with the dark layout, and the op is black text on black background. This has happened a few times. Anyone else get this, and if so, do you know why?

Everything else shows correctly, btw.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

HowardZ

Reaction score
I agree with Mr. Smith, in the article the updates for the two phones is too small. The other phone's supposed ICS update file is an even smaller file.

I do think the source found information about an update, but I do not think it will be ICS.
I suspect he did not understand the information he stumbled upon.

Howard

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Sorry to threadjack, but I've got to ask; I'm using tapatalk, with the dark layout, and the op is black text on black background. This has happened a few times. Anyone else get this, and if so, do you know why?

Everything else shows correctly, btw.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, go into the tapatalk settings and play with the "display style". I'm back to the standard or default setting, the dark text on black background is very hard to read.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This latest rumor is more than likely just that. As I've pointed out elsewhere, 297mb does not sound like a full update. Also the soak should have begun already. I don't think this is any more real than the last. In the future please tag posts like this RUMOR.

Agreed with the probably a rumor part. But from what I've seen in the past year of smartphones, generally a soak test only starts a week at most before an official release. This is ICS, so maybe it'll be sooner, but I doubt they'd do an official release that far in advance. For 2 of the Bionic updates the update was able to be pulled merely a day after the first poster showed his soak test e-mail. IIRC it was also within a week for the X2. And we ARE supposed to see it around this time (end of q1/beginning of q2). Only time will tell.

This is also me just trying to be optimistic about getting ICS. Granted it's not essential at this point, but it would be nice....

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Right now I'd be happier with 4g coming to my area than an ICS update.

This was posted using my Rezound.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now I'd be happier with 4g coming to my area than an ICS update.

What part of south NJ are you in? I'm good anywhere north of 42(and Atlantic City) but the smaller areas south of 42 I'm still stuck on 3G and hate it until I make it back to PA.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score

I will tag it "rumor" in the future but I said it "should" get it so I thought that was sufficient. Sorry.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
What part of south NJ are you in? I'm good anywhere north of 42(and Atlantic City) but the smaller areas south of 42 I'm still stuck on 3G and hate it until I make it back to PA.

Yep that's where I am. South of 42. Monroe Twp.