ICS Battery life

ricks

Reaction score
How do you get your screen to use such little time? I wake up and surf the net (on a full charge) for a half an hour and I'm instantly down to 90% with the screen using 86%. I suppose i could get that good of battery life if i just let my phone sit there and did nothing with it.

Don't be jealous... I use my phone at all different times though out the day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. My phone is set to save as much battery as possible. I keep everything off until I need them.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's impressive.. on this shot, it looks like you didn't use it a lot... the is used more battery than the screen :) still awesome!!!:cool:

cleave

Reaction score
ricks said:
Don't be jealous... I use my phone at all different times though out the day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. My phone is set to save as much battery as possible. I keep everything off until I need them.

Not jealous, more curious than anything. I too would like to get such good battery life. Can you share your settings that extend this battery life you speak of?

ricks

Reaction score
Basically just nothing running and smart actions set with while at home, wifi on and data off. I just love this phone. Everything works great.

cleave

Reaction score
ricks said:
Basically just nothing running and smart actions set with while at home, wifi on and data off. I just love this phone. Everything works great.

I have my smart actions set to have wifi on and data off at home, but how do you make sure nothing is running? I love the phone too, just keep seeing that screen time is almost 90% of my battery usage.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
cleave said:
I have my smart actions set to have wifi on and data off at home, but how do you make sure nothing is running? I love the phone too, just keep seeing that screen time is almost 90% of my battery usage.

Screen percentage will always be the highest, even if you just charged your battery, and only had the screen on one minute, it will show a very high percentage. The one minute the phone was used, the screen used 90% of the battery at that time and all other processes only used 10% of the battery for that minute. That explanation probably doesn't help at all... but be assured, it is normal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Cleave, go to post # 314 of this thread. Those are all the things that I do to conserve battery and I really do not think it impacts my use of my phone at all. I also just started using Smart Actions and have Battery Extender set and Nighttime Battery Saver set (thanks to 94lt1's encouragement).

Z3phyr89

Reaction score
Hi all. I just got a maxx about 3 weeks ago and Im wondering if you guys can answer some questions for me. I charge my phone at night while I sleep. Usually from 10pm til 6am when I take it off the charger to go to work. During the day it is mainly off. I turn it on every so often to answer txts and during my lunch and break I turn it on to play games usually totalling 45 min. After work I listen to music while I am at the gym about an hour to and hour and a half. After that there is random use through the rest of the day. By the time I go to bed at around 10pm its down to below 40 usually around 30. Is this good or should I be getting better. I moved from an old dummy phone to this being my first smart phone so I am curious.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

What version are you running?

Hit your Menu Button and go to "System Settings" then scroll down to "About Phone" and let us know what version you're running. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forums Z3phyr! That is not really too too bad but you could probably get a lot more. The very first thing I would do is put your phone through FoxKat's battery meter calibration process (we sort of nicknamed it FoxKatting). I am not even going to try to write out the instructions here because I always goof it up somehow then FoxKat has to come in and correct where I goofed. But I wil point you in the direction where you can get step by step instructions written by the man himself. Go to post #96 on this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-ics-battery-life-terrible-there-fix-10.html

After you have done that, you can review my post #314 on this thread and try some of those ideas that may help. And then there are even more helpful ideas beyond that.

Z3phyr89

Reaction score
I am running Android Version 4.0.4. I believe the service rep upgraded my phone to the newest version before he gave it to me on the day that I bought it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Shhhh, Z3phyr, FoxKat is going to come in here and explain that that is the biggest mistake Verizon reps make... start the phone before it has been fully charged, lol! But really that happens to just about everyone with their new phone and is one reason that calibrating the battery meter is very helpful! One good thing is that doing a Facotry Data Reset (fdr) is not necessary in your case because you started fresh on 4.04.

Z3phyr89

Reaction score
Ok so I dont have to do a factory reset cool. 2 days ago I started using smart actions and I have the battery extender option on and the sleep option on. I tried using the auto adjust for my display and outdoors it seemed to work but indoors the display seems too bright still, so I adjust it myself down to about 20%. All of this hasnt made a great improvement but I have seen a little. How do I set widgets on the front so I can adjust it without having to go through all the menus and is there much else I can be doing.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so I dont have to do a factory reset cool. 2 days ago I started using smart actions and I have the battery extender option on and the sleep option on. I tried using the auto adjust for my display and outdoors it seemed to work but indoors the display seems too bright still, so I adjust it myself down to about 20%. All of this hasnt made a great improvement but I have seen a little. How do I set widgets on the front so I can adjust it without having to go through all the menus and is there much else I can be doing.

If you are on .211 you might also consider upgrading to .215 ... it has greatly improved battery life for almost everyone who has upgraded. :)

Z3phyr89

Reaction score
Ok my system version is 6.16.211 Im geussing that is what you are refering to. How would I upgrade that?