ICS Battery life

Caesars

Reaction score
Good luck mate, i too Keep thinking i want a replacement phone.....i just hate the idea of a refurbished unit.

Googorola MAXX

blowabs

Reaction score
Good luck mate, i too Keep thinking i want a replacement phone.....i just hate the idea of a refurbished unit.

Googorola MAXX
C
So right...I was tempted too...I have, after 3 fdrs, gotten up to (or down to) 45% battery after being on for 12 1/2 hours today ...after trying to murder the phone--- texting.. email a lil streaming,,,a li bluetooth...a lil browser... music playing from SD card....WWF for 30 min.... Hotspotting for 30 min....and1 1/2 hrs of phone use---all having 4G on all day.
I guess I should not complain about ICS. I Will wait for a batt power update b/c I need to keep this (new)phone b/c of my unlimited data plan!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
I think i may just expect too much out of my maxx. Its just on a previous phone with a 3300mah seidio, i couldn't kill it in a day, and on my maxx i have to baby it :(. O well, i think I'm getting a contractless sgs3 soon anyway :)
Googorola MAXX

blowabs

Reaction score
Is the gal3 giving better life than the maxx???
[you gotta think tho that Moto is com in out with an update for ics]

Caesars

Reaction score
I don't think it gets better battery life but I'll have two phones to share the load lol.

Googorola MAXX

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is the gal3 giving better life than the maxx???
[you gotta think tho that Moto is com in out with an update for ics]

Better battery life than the MAXX? Not even close. I never had to worry about the battery on the MAXX throughout a day of normal use for me. With S3, I'm looking for a charger by 4:00 in the afternoon.

WawaRulez

Reaction score
I just "freeze" it all together with Titanium Backup. I have no use for it.

mkstn

Reaction score
asounds like battery life is very different for everyone. it is ok for me but i have a spare just un case. have not needed it yet.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
asounds like battery life is very different for everyone. it is ok for me but i have a spare just un case. have not needed it yet.

Always is. A variety of things impact battery life, almost all of which vary from person to person - actual usage, installed apps, settings, signal strength, etc.

BaSHa

Reaction score
I see some of you all talking about 30 hours on a charge and it makes me sick! Lol

photobucket-7318-1343509111434.png

And it wasn't like it was four hours of straight use.
photobucket-8090-1343509353635.png

I have done three FDRs (back to back), trained the meter twice (as per foxkat's instructions), and set it from global to LTE/CMDA. Maybe I was just expecting to much from it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you using smart actions battery saver?? I set it up like this.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343511091626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343511091626.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 237

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
I had Verizon send me a replacement phone, my temps are normal now and the maxx is running a lot smoother. I tried the FDR on my old phone a few times but I'm getting better battery life now with my replacement. Be in mind that using your phone hard that you wont get days out of it atleast in my case. But I froze some rouge bloatware and I can make it through a full day with heavy use and still have 20 to 30 % at least by the time I go to bed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BaSHa

Reaction score
I had smart actions set up before all of the FDRs, but haven't set it up yet. I'll give Smart Actions a try again.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I see some of you all talking about 30 hours on a charge and it makes me sick! Lol

photobucket-7318-1343509111434.png

And it wasn't like it was four hours of straight use.
photobucket-8090-1343509353635.png

I have done three FDRs (back to back), trained the meter twice (as per foxkat's instructions), and set it from global to LTE/CMDA. Maybe I was just expecting to much from it.

BaSha, that is not normal at all for a Maxx. You probably have heard this a few times before but some of the things that burn a lot of battery are:
  • 4g, especially if you do not have a strong signal because it struggles to keep the signal or may have to keep searching for a signal. Same with wifi. If you are not where you can connect to wifi, it will keep searching and try to connect to a wifi signal. Turn off data and/or wifi when you are not using it.
  • Background data sync. Causes your phone to keep syncing at various times... who knows how often. Turn off background data sync and manually sync your data a few times a day. You can put a toggle widget on your homescreen to make this convenient.
  • Email that is set to collect your incoming mail automatically or frequently (every 15 minutes) will burn a lot of battery because your phone is constantly polling for mail. Set your email accounts to collect your mail every hour or less. You can even set your email to collect mail manually... where when you open that account, it collects your new mail then. These settings will depend on your needs.
  • And the infamous display. It uses most of your battery by design. Having it set at 100% will use tons. Set it at auto or even 30% and when you need it at 100% (outside) you can adjust it. Again, you can place a toggle switch on your homescreen to make this more convenient.
Hope this helps getting you better battery life.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Without smart actions, because I'm in a poor 4g area, I can't get 5 hours out of a maxx... it suuuuuuuuucks... but smart actions helps a lot.