I wish someone would make a better dock

jasonb

Reaction score
I bought the dock and am quite impressed with it.
Sturdy, charges and looks sharp on mu night stand

yup, i agree. i wouldn't want speakers on it anyway. i usually plug it right into my big home theater system when i want to use it as a media dock. otherwise it's just a charging dock for the phone that turns it into a nice alarm clock.

BeanDroid

Reaction score
Could somebody design a cradle that has speakers, bluetooth, and charges the phone like the Powermat?

phreakaj

Reaction score
Amzer cradle 16 bucks w second battery charger in back

As of right now i use my verizon holster with the phone snapped in backwards with dockrunner and running my sound through bluetooth to my speakerphone and over fm to my home entertainment center with the whole shebang plugged into the charger and hanging from my desk lamp.. works really well actually. but soon i will be getting an Azer cgharging cradle with an extra battery charger built in. has no magnet to turn into dock mode but dockrunner does that fine and you could add a magnet if you had to have it. I am getting it from fommy. com... and its only like 16.99. i will post a review when it arrives after Christmas. for 16 bucks with an extra battery charger and an extra charger i dont think i can go wrong. and btw it says it can be used with a case...... has a larger indentation where the phone sits in it. only problem i can see is that you can access the earphone jack but thats not a problem for me sincce i am going to use my bluetooth speakerphone through fm anyway.

Last edited:

phreakaj

Reaction score
yes i know

I said it has a charger for an extra battery, if you read

stdesign

Reaction score
Still waiting on the the overseas response. In the meantime, I have been working with a local manufacturer to build some. Footprint is about 10.5"W x 10"D x ~6"H. Birch plywood construction, with (2) 1.25" tweeters and a 4" sub. It should produce a really nice deep sound quality.

As soon as I have a picture, I'll post it for all to see and respond to. :icon_ banana:

I know you mentioned an American manufacturer but, just curious; why did you go to a Chinese one first? Are they that much cheaper?

Last edited: