Car Dock Options (I know its been asked)

keenish27

Reaction score
I am looking for a car dock with a few specific features. The first is that I would prefer it to be a vent mount or something similar. The second is that the actual clip part that connects to the phone is slim (like the motorola dock). I don't really care if it has the magnet or not. And finally I would like it to be in the $30 range. I'm not sure if this even exists but any help would be appreciated. Also, I have seen the proclip car mount and it looks awesome, except that its $65.

Thanks

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know that the dock has to have a magnet in it.......thats how the car dock program on the phone is activated, by the magnet

rstone

Reaction score
Amzer Swiveling Air Vent Car Mount for Motorola Droid A855

41LgwQxjaLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Price:$19.95

Amazon.com: Amzer Swiveling Air Vent Car Mount for Motorola Droid A855 (Black): Cell Phones & Service

timlitw

Reaction score
I don't know if you can stay in your price range, what I did was get the car clip from verizon, then I got just the car part of the kit from proclip. get the part that mounts a garmin nuvi (part # 215165) - the clip from verizon comes apart and then connects to the nuvi ball mount

best of both worlds.

but not for under $30.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I would suggest NOT getting the Amzer Swiveling Air Vent Car Mount for Motorola Droid A855.

I tried it before I got my proclip mount and the vent clips dont stay on the vent, and the droid is hard to get into the dock itself. When you finally get it in that dock, it covered my headphone jack so I couldn't use it for pandora.

I got my ProClip Mount a week later, and I am so happy with it. So much better :D

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Wow! The ProClip Mount looks great. If only it would work with the Innocase life would be good!

jimnutt

Reaction score
Pretty much any holder that fits the Droid and is comfortable for you to install will work. Just make sure it doesn't block any ports. Then tape (or hot glue) a small magnet in the appropriate place on the dock. I picked up a cheapy cell phone holder at a truck stop for $10, taped a magnet to it and it works great.

skidemn

Reaction score
Pretty much any holder that fits the Droid and is comfortable for you to install will work. Just make sure it doesn't block any ports. Then tape (or hot glue) a small magnet in the appropriate place on the dock. I picked up a cheapy cell phone holder at a truck stop for $10, taped a magnet to it and it works great.

If all you want is something cheap to hold the phone, here's something we sell on Amazon: Amazon.com: Used and New: iGear iHolder for iPod. It features a vent mount or I think you can use double stick tape to mount it. It's white, ugly, and doesn't match the phone but it's less than a buck...

OP
K

keenish27

Reaction score
ugh...I think imma just not get a car dock. I really like the motorla one sold by verizon but I can't stand windshield mounts...and the little disk refuses to stick to my dashboard...oh wells.

needsnumbers

Reaction score
This might seem crazy but I was checking out my desk docking station and it feels perfectly stable for car use... can I change the magnet and mount it in my car? Anybody see a complication? The phone will be stuck in landscape but that's how I use it in the car for maps.