My car dock

qoncept

Reaction score
I didn't, but there is (at least) one line going to your stereo (off the top of my head I want to say it's blue, but I'm not sure) that has 12v power when the ignition is switched on. If you have a multimeter, you can switch it to volts, hold the black probe to a ground and stick the other probe in the harness till you find a wire that's 12v. Or if you can find the manual for your stereo or harness it might say.. or there might even be a tag on the right one.

veeeee

Reaction score
I installed a 12v outlet hidden behind my dash this weekend for my car dock and the wiring was very simple. I bought the 12v outlet from radio shack and tapped into the existing 12v outlet on the front dash. The kit from radio shack included a scotch lock which I used to connect the power wire from the new outlet to the existing one. I attached the ground cable to the metal frame for the stereo. No stripping or soldering required. So wiring is very simple if you have a existing outlet you can tap into since theres only 2 cables going to the outlet, power (red) and ground (black). And the scotch lock is very easy to use, just need some pliers to crimp it.