Car Dock w/ Body Glove Case

JRemiah

Reaction score
After searching through the accressories forum, I couldn't find what I was looking for. I have the Motorolla Droid with the Body Glove case on it. I have it with the belt clip adapter installed. The people at Verizon told me that in order to use the Car Dock they sell for the Droid that I'd have to take the case off, which would be a PITA doing that everytime I got into the car.

So is there a car dock that will hold/charge my phone (landscape preferably)? I don't really care too much how it mounts, window mount or vent mount, as long as it holds.

Thanks

ntrddragn

Reaction score
with the body glove...Nope. I have the same issue. so i will properly get the seidio case and car dock. there are some other type of car mounts but i forgot. There are the universal one that Iphone users use. its somewhere in this forum. sorry couldnt be of more help.

Malithar

Reaction score
I knew I bookmarked this for a reason, other than planning to buy one. :D

Amazon.com: Bracketron PHV-200-BL Grip-iT Mobile Device Holder (Black): Electronics

I forget the thread that it was mentioned in, but it was said to have a very solid grip on the Droid with, I think, the carbon fiber cases. It'd imagine it adjusts plenty enough to accommodate the body glove.

Edit: Also this as well. Not quite certain on what exactly the difference is, but half the price, so...

http://www.amazon.com/Bracketron-PHV-202-BL-Mobile-Device-Holder/dp/B001B2PPYC/ref=pd_sim_e_1

Last edited:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hello all,
I, too, have the Body Glove case for my Droid and I actually found a car dock which seems to work just right for me. I was a little skeptical at first, but because of the texture of the case coupled with the holders of the dock, it keeps the phone in pretty stable. I've accidentally knocked it around a few times and it kept the phone in pretty well.

Check it out at this site:
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/carholder.htmlhttp://www.cellphoneshop.net/carholder.html

I actually bought it because I was going on a business trip and needed something to hold my Droid while I use the GPS while driving around. I realized that mounting it using the vent mounts works for the car I was driving (Dodge Challenger 2010), but doesn't for my own car (Honda Accord 1999). For my own car, I've been using my old iPod holder, which is just a simple stick-on which works fairly well because I can just drop it in.

Now I use the car dock on my desktop at work to hold the phone while mounted to my Linux box!

Droid_2010

Reaction score
This cardock is a Verizon Droid OEM part... they had them for months and now I see the stores running out of them...

Anyways the button on the back of the case is the same as the button used by body glove... I love this settup... snap it out of the beltclip and right into the cardock with the button adapter ... perfect idea

http://www.droid-forum.com/verizon-wireless-snap-cover-plus-mount-and-t3280.html?p=4090

:icon_ banana:Thanks for this info. Didn't know Verizon was selling such an item. I will head to my local store tomorrow to see if they have any left. I have had the body glove case(after a little filing on the teeth to make it slide smoothly) and actually loved the slide on style belt clip, but right now I'm using the Seidio Innocase with the holster. This is exactly what I've been looking for. It looks like I'm going to be using parts from different kits to make what I've actually been wanting.

Droid_2010

Reaction score
Well I had no luck in finding this kit after visiting my 2 local verizon shops. At the largest one, the manager even went in the back and searched to see if he had any open-box returns, etc.. but found none. In case anyone would like to know, the part number for the Case, Mount combo that was linked to above, it is MOTA855CM. The Verizon website allows me to add it to my wish list, but I'm guessing that this kit has been discontinued.

logsdza

Reaction score
Well I had no luck in finding this kit after visiting my 2 local verizon shops. At the largest one, the manager even went in the back and searched to see if he had any open-box returns, etc.. but found none. In case anyone would like to know, the part number for the Case, Mount combo that was linked to above, it is MOTA855CM. The Verizon website allows me to add it to my wish list, but I'm guessing that this kit has been discontinued.

On that note they might still have the mount portion from a different model too. I know my store has enV touch and Rogue Case/Mount Combos. Ask to see it and try it out. I'll try to get a part number for both if you need. But I would think it would be the same mount, and then you have an extra case laying around for a random phone. Haha

Droid_2010

Reaction score

On that note they might still have the mount portion from a different model too. I know my store has enV touch and Rogue Case/Mount Combos. Ask to see it and try it out. I'll try to get a part number for both if you need. But I would think it would be the same mount, and then you have an extra case laying around for a random phone. Haha

There were two things I was after with the Kit. One was basically an Innocase back with a "stud" on the back.(Which is what the pics looked like) I like the innocase but the holster is still causing some growing pains. Having an Innocase with a stud on the back is something I would like. 2nd thing was the mount for the car that all you do is slide any case with a stud on back onto. And initiating navigation mode isn't that important for me.

I'll follow your advice and look for the enV touch mounts, etc.. and at least possibly get 1 of the 2 things I was wanting.

Thanks