Body Glove Case

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seriously.... If one can't figure out how to remove a case how do they figure out how to use the phone/OS??

I know, right? I suppose if it was nice and easy to get off, then we'd have "how do you keep the BG case from slipping off?" threads.

-Mike

:rofl3: probably... almost need one for the Seidio case... only had to take it off like 3 times and there is a noticeable difference in the fit (it's MUCH looser) to the point of it being distracting....

dustin4863

Reaction score
i had to take my BG off it was scratching the hell out of my droid anyone have any suggestions?
sorry for the hijack
dustin

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had to take my BG off it was scratching the hell out of my droid anyone have any suggestions?
sorry for the hijack
dustin

Doesn't the BG have felt or something soft on the inside of the cover? I have seen people saying the Seidio scratches their phones (because it is so loose it lets plenty of crap in underneath) but not heard that on the BG. You can always try to find some very thin, soft cloth to put in between the device.

dustin4863

Reaction score
sorry for the hijack
dustin

Doesn't the BG have felt or something soft on the inside of the cover? I have seen people saying the Seidio scratches their phones (because it is so loose it lets plenty of crap in underneath) but not heard that on the BG. You can always try to find some very thin, soft cloth to put in between the device.

it does have felt for the back piece but the front cover is what is scratching my droid (the black frame around the screen) it looks like i took a piece of sand paper to it maybe i will try to find some thin material

zero7404

Reaction score
i kind of like the 'heft' this case adds to the phone, but noticed it leaves a large section of the fone on the right side unprotected .... what's up with that ?

i have the Seidio case for mine and like it so far .... easy to put on/take off for cleaning .... they say the bg adds more protection, but the case seems just as hard as the seidio case (from looking at the video)

i wonder if Incipio is going to come out with a 2-piece case for the droid like they have for blackberry, i had a silicrylic for my storm and it was freaking awesome. hardshell protection AND rubber protection

greyghost04

Reaction score
BTW, the Body Glove is only $14 delivered at meritline.com . Lot of other Droid bargains there.

Reaction score
I have this case and had my first scare with it today. When trying to get the case on, one of the little lips on the case got wedged in between the panel that exits the right side right smack in the middle of the mini-USB. I could briefly see the "guts" (if you will) of the underside of the physical keyboard. I was able to get the case off (gingerly) and snap that little area next to the USB back in place.

Has anyone else had this experience?

And is it something I should get checked out? All the buttons work properly, so nothing was damaged, but that little strip of plastic seems flimsy (though I admit to not seeing how flimsy it was before it was pried open). As long as everything is working fine, I won't worry about it, but I hope that area of the phone isn't at all compromised.

Reaction score
Bump...

Has anyone actually had to have service done based on the damage done by this case, or was their the panel next to the mini-USB naturally split and just needs to be snapped back in?

ezeStand

Reaction score
ezeStand may help reduce the number of times you need to remove your cover on the droid. It will hold the phone in landscape or portrait orientation. New stock will be arriving soon and it will activate the Multmedia mode even with the body glove case as long as it doesn't have the belt clip button.
Thanks,

slinky

Reaction score
Bump...

Has anyone actually had to have service done based on the damage done by this case, or was their the panel next to the mini-USB naturally split and just needs to be snapped back in?

Getting back to our regularly scheduled program after advertising, I haven't had to deal with the split issue yet, which makes me nervous. I almost never take the case off. I've heard that damage done by the case is by not taking it off properly, which most don't know how to do because I don't think instructions are included. If it just snaps back in, what's the worry?

slinky

Reaction score
Instructions for putting on a case or taking it off.....seriously?
Yeah. Some guy made a video. Apparently if you tear off the wrong end you can split your Droid, as many have done. If you pull off the right corner first, it slides off much more easily.