Car Dock Options (I know its been asked)

skidemn

Reaction score
ugh...I think imma just not get a car dock. I really like the motorla one sold by verizon but I can't stand windshield mounts...and the little disk refuses to stick to my dashboard...oh wells.

If you like the Motorola dock, did you know you can get a vehicle specific mount and attach it to it so it won't be on the window or stuck to the suction pad? Depending on your year/make/model I can show you a pic of the mount for your car, and add a Garmin ball mount to it so the Motorola holder will snap onto it.

skidemn

Reaction score
This might seem crazy but I was checking out my desk docking station and it feels perfectly stable for car use... can I change the magnet and mount it in my car? Anybody see a complication? The phone will be stuck in landscape but that's how I use it in the car for maps.

Which dock do you have and how do you plan to mount it in the car?

OP
K

keenish27

Reaction score
ugh...I think imma just not get a car dock. I really like the motorla one sold by verizon but I can't stand windshield mounts...and the little disk refuses to stick to my dashboard...oh wells.

If you like the Motorola dock, did you know you can get a vehicle specific mount and attach it to it so it won't be on the window or stuck to the suction pad? Depending on your year/make/model I can show you a pic of the mount for your car, and add a Garmin ball mount to it so the Motorola holder will snap onto it.

I have a 2007 Pontiac G5

needsnumbers

Reaction score
This might seem crazy but I was checking out my desk docking station and it feels perfectly stable for car use... can I change the magnet and mount it in my car? Anybody see a complication? The phone will be stuck in landscape but that's how I use it in the car for maps.

Which dock do you have and how do you plan to mount it in the car?
The Motorola brand multimedia dock. Seriously it is plenty stable for car use, obviously not accident proof but I guess I take that risk. Just curious because I want the dock to be EASY to use, not annoying to clip in and hookup. Kind of fall out of my pocket and into the dock easy!
I would mount it right below the hvac controls in my Impala. The ash tray/pull out with cig lighters is a nice shelf and I never use the ash tray :) . Figure that would be an idea spot for it or maybe right on the dash though I'd prefer it lower so as not to advertise and heaven forbid, I do get into an accident I don't need the droid flying through the air and killing me. Being an engineer I'm sure I'll figure out a way to keep the droid in this dock with some fabrication. Just really wondering if anybody has modified the dock magnet to be a car magnet.

skidemn

Reaction score

I have a 2007 Pontiac G5

Here's the G5 with the mount only:
751102305cobaltU.jpg

then attach the panavise Garmin mount and you can snap on the Verizon/Motorola holder
imagemagic.php

If you decide you need these parts, PM me and I'll get you a discount code for them.