I really hate being negative but...........................

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I too turn most of the stuff off on the phone when I dont need it. I have the 4G turned off all the time. To me the gain is speed doesn't out weigh the battery life. I normally keep email sync on but turn the GPS off unless I need it.

Good news for today is the phone is back to charging NORMALLY and as long as the MEDIA process doesn't come on I am getting very normal battery life.

Last edited:

pico1

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off background data?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pico1

Reaction score
Figured it out! F you Verizon lol. The only annoying thing is that it leaves a status in your status bar specifiying that background data is restricted. They really aren't making it easy for you to save data/battery power on this OS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Wow it seems that every time I turn my razr on and off the media process starts back up and immediately starts draining my battery. I turned my phone on the morning and literally in 30 seconds my phone went from fully charged to 95% charged without even turning the screen on. I guess I have to get into the habit of checking it all the time now.

karlo2012

Reaction score
I have issues with charging when I use a different charger than the one my Razr Maxx came with. I was downloading the update while I had the phone plugged into the outlet with the original charger. While downloading & right after the update, the phone wouldn't charge. So I did a reset & it was able to charge my Maxx. I noticed the battery level dropping more than it should after the update so I checked the running processes & found Madden 12 & a few other add-ons that I never use running. I stopped them & changed my email, FB, & other notifications not to show in the overhead bar. After this, battery usage seems to be normal. I didn't bother to unroot or delete any applications before updating..I just went ahead & did it.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
OK here is the media process that comes back every time I reboot my phone. This process is bleeding about 5% a minute on my phone and causes the screen to get very hot. Any idea what it is and how I can prevent from starting every time I boot my phone?

View attachment 52096