Unable to Charge from Wall Charger

NayTamaru

Reaction score
So yesterday my phone was at 10% battery when it froze. I did the " battery pull " reset for it but afterwards it did not power on for nearly an hour. Finally I was able to get my phone to turn on but now it will not work with wall chargers. I can only charge my phone with a CPU using a USB cable. I have tried using my original moto charger as well as my husband's ( we have the same phone, about 1 month apart ), a newer model of razr charger (friend's), and an HTC charger all with different cables but same result, will not charge from wall. I did a factory reset and it now recognizes the charger ( lightning bolt on battery icon ) but the % does not increase after leaving it connected overnight. I'm not sure what else to try and charging from a CPU is okay for now but there aren't always CPUs when I need a charger. Any other ideas ? :blink:

TatDroid

Reaction score
It sounds like something in the phone's firmware has gotten messed up. I recommend a factory data reset. Back up anything on the phone's internal memory (text messages, pictures, music), do a reset, and start over!

OP
NayTamaru

NayTamaru

Reaction score
Did factory reset yesterday and now one today. Appears my problem has gotten worse, now my CPU only charges the phone, does not recognize it as device. I have downloaded the drivers from Motorola but it still is unrecognized. Wall charger still does not work...

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Lets see if I can help.
1. Turn the phone off and use the motorola charger. Let it charge for a full day.
2. Try a different USB cable with the motorola charger
3. And this may sound crazy... Try a different wall outlet. Some outlets are "switched" and will turn off at night when you turn the lights off. Yes, it sounds crazy but I have made many tech support visits for "dead" systems only to turn the lights on in the room and the system boots up.

David

jayetruth

Reaction score
Check settings and see if your phone has an meid number and baseband and firm ware. if not then its warranty time

TrailH4x

Reaction score
Plug in, count to three, unplug.
Repeat 30 times.
Plug in and leave plugged overnight.

Initial charge is usually "hot," but quickly drops down or completely out when resistance circuits are "read" or altogether dropped when low voltage reading are detected from an on board battery. The high number of short hot charges may be enough to freshen the discharge battery and allow an overnight charge to work properly.

Or, build a factory cable...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

jayetruth

Reaction score
Settings. Phone info at the very bottom. If it doesn't show your meid or firmware then it's broken. It had to do with how the software installs.

OP
NayTamaru

NayTamaru

Reaction score
I noticed that the phone wasn't feeling warm to the touch when it was " charging " and the % wasn't going up. Weird enough, I did something similar to what you suggest. My phone actually went dead so I just kept unplugging and plugging it back in until it got enough power to turn on using the CPU. Then I moved it to the wall charger, said " screw it " and left it there. After it going completely dead a few times, it just started working again out of no where. Of course, this happens after I already contacted VZW & Motorola about getting it repaired/replaced. Needless to say, no repair needed, just a weird fluke. :/

Plug in, count to three, unplug.
Repeat 30 times.
Plug in and leave plugged overnight.

Initial charge is usually "hot," but quickly drops down or completely out when resistance circuits are "read" or altogether dropped when low voltage reading are detected from an on board battery. The high number of short hot charges may be enough to freshen the discharge battery and allow an overnight charge to work properly.

Or, build a factory cable...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

OP
NayTamaru

NayTamaru

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the insight and suggestions. My weird phone somehow fixed itself after contacting tech support, go figure. :/