I really hate being negative but...........................

Raydee35

Reaction score
With my original Droid the worst thing I ever did was update the phone and it never ran smooth again. I posted a thread about not wanting to update to ICS for the same reasons but I updated the phone this morning anyway. I took my phone off full charge and within 1.5 hours my phone went from 99% charged to COMPLETELY dead. I thought that maybe something that I already had on the phone wasn't playing nice with ICS so I did a complete Date wipe and started from scratch. I then put the phone on charge and it said charging and was only at 1% charged for over a hour. I tried four different chargers with all of them having the same result. WTF! I knew that I should have just been happy with what I had. It is now 7 hours later and the phone has been on the charger the whole time and is only at 51% charge. I have no idea what the heck is going on but this is def NOT normal. In all honesty I am just happy it is taking a charge at all because for a while there I thought my phone was screwed. Anyone have any idea's on what could be going on?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you using moto cables?
you might turn phone off let it charge to 100 % then drain to 15% and charge again that will recalibrate the battery . i hope someone with more experience might hop in ....like FoxKat...:hail:

jch81

Reaction score
Not sure what is wrong. Somebody will be by soon to help you. This is def. not normal though, hope you get it fixed.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Give it a couple of days and see how it does.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yes i have 4 differnt Motorola cables that I tried. I tried them plugged in the wall and into the computers USB. I have only owned Motorola phones since I can remember. I tried the cable's on my old Droid and it charges like normal. It is something in the ICS software for sure. I charged the phone yesterday when it was still on GB with no problem.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Definately not normal. You mentioned you did a FDR but then mention you are getting battery readings in 1% intervals? Mine (stock) measures in 10%, which Droid do you have?
The charging method cited (100-15-100 while OFF) recalibrates your meter not your battery but it sounds, based on your description, as though your phone is having issues.
Many (my son included) are experiencing normal battery function after the OTA of ICS.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I am using a battery indicator app that allows 1% increments. I have the regular Droid Razr.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmm I had a battery failure right after I got my Maxx and it sounds similar is your phone screen hot to the touch or cool?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am using a battery indicator app that allows 1% increments. I have the regular Droid Razr.

K. Foxkat will undoubtedly weigh in and he would have and probably will ask identifying questions. Now we know the phone, the chargers and the config (to a point).
As part of a DIY "forensic study" it is usually important to detail in order what has happened from when there was No Problem through to when the problem started, in this case the BIG finger points to the ICS download. I assume it was the official OTA Update?
No root? No customization beyond some apps from the app store? and never a problem before?
Objection! Leading the witness.
Don't mean to ask and answer the questions.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also if its the battery and not the ICS update it will also start to not take a charge even when plugged in. Mine died over about 2 days before it finally would not even turn on when plugged in.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Honestly I would turn it off and charge I think you would see better results, and just leave it alone until it gets to 100%.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
This is the official OTA update, no root and all stock with the exception of some apps. I guess it could be possible that the battery just took a dump but if that is the case it is real odd that it happened as soon as the update came. Tonight before I go to bed I am going to turn the phone off and let it charge all night. I really hope that the Android battery meter isnt wrong and the phone is actually overcharging the battery. The back cover does feel a bit warm.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Tonight before I go to bed I am going to turn the phone off and let it charge all night.

I would stress again, if you are having battery problems I would shut it off now and not wait and let it charge to 100% unplug and use it till it hits 15 or 20% and then charge it fully again. But your choice indeed.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Also you are not charging through USB on a computer right? You are using the stock wall charger?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would stress again, if you are having battery problems I would shut it off now and not wait and let it charge to 100% unplug and use it till it hits 15 or 20% and then charge it fully again. But your choice indeed.

X2...