I need help

kristoff125

Reaction score
If anyone is on and available, this is just a quick before I start looking thing about finding the most stable ROM for my wife's fascinate, I rooted, put on voodoo, and now she can't text and her phone is randomly rebooting, it is running Evil Fascination 3.5.1. Also, but less importantly, I can't seem to get her clock to show on the notification bar even though the bar is black, I unchecked disable clock, and set the color to white, it won't show up.

Thank you, and until you guys respond I will be diligently looking for a fix, and ROMming her phone like mad.

PS: If you know a stable 2.3 ROM I Would love that, a nice fully functional 2.2 would work too.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello kristoff. There is no stable 2.3 yet. EF 3.5.1 and it's included kernel has been completely stable for me, none of the issues you describe. Which method did you use to root the phone, and what exactly do you mean "put on voodoo"? What steps did you use for installing the ROM, exactly?

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
I used the one that runs through windows. can't remember the name, I'll find it in a minute and thank you for your time, but I have another question, as we just recently got married she changed her gmail from one with her maiden name to one with her married name, I would rather not google "How do I change my email address" as that would be a painful process of looking through millions of links, is there a way for her to change it directly through google, as i purchased a LOT of apps for modding her phone, and would hate to pay for them a 3rd time (I have em on my phone [I would like to support the devs but I'm poor, and $6 for titanium is a bit much])?

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
Also, thank you for the help, and sorry for the lack of info I'm offering, gotta go out to connect to gmail with the cyanogen mod since I rent a solid stone house and get no reception inside.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to transfer paid apps over to a new Gmail. As for the rest, now you've mentioned CyanogenMod. Is that what you're running? I need you to answer the questions I've asked so I can figure out what you need to do.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
I just installed CM7, Titanium Backup keeps FCing on me, constantly, even when I'm not trying to run it.

Markmm24

Reaction score
Hey.just use titanium backup for root it'll do everything you need if your restoring apps to the same account and it's free.not sure it would do the same if u signed in as a different account...As for the changing accounts part-i don't think most people on the forum would appreciate you asking them to google something for you.i don't mind you asking but...you know what I mean? Not near a computer right now but if I remember correctly, you can go to settings-accounts and sync-and hit add account at the bottom.perhaps that will allow you to integrate the two accounts into one? Don't hold me to it though..hope I helped!

OTB RELOADED UC 900mhz
CommRom v1.2
I'm Fascinated.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a number of issues with both CM7 builds. They're both Alpha builds. I'd recommend wiping everything and switching back to EF 3.5.1 for the most stability.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
Hey.just use titanium backup for root it'll do everything you need if your restoring apps to the same account and it's free.not sure it would do the same if u signed in as a different account...As for the changing accounts part-i don't think most people on the forum would appreciate you asking them to google something for you.i don't mind you asking but...you know what I mean? Not near a computer right now but if I remember correctly, you can go to settings-accounts and sync-and hit add account at the bottom.perhaps that will allow you to integrate the two accounts into one? Don't hold me to it though..hope I helped!

OTB RELOADED UC 900mhz
CommRom v1.2
I'm Fascinated.

I'm not asking you to google it, I'm asking if you know, as if I try to google "How do I change my gmail account" I get about 12.5 million results, if someone has done this I would like them to explain how I transfer everything, mainly including the purchases made on the previous and deleting them from it, to the new account.

I'm not being lazy, just I know if I try to google it, I'll be dead before I find the answer, and would rather pay again, but I'd rather someone who knows how to do it tell me what the procedure is, if need be in the next week or so I'll contact them and figure it out, but if it's a simple (even complicated but I don't need to contact them) I'll do it myself with some advice.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
Once again, I do appreciate all the help, as if it fixes my wifes phone and makes me not look bad to her, it makes my life easier. =) I recommended her the phone, then with 2.1 it was painful and I felt bad, so I ROMmed it and kinda broke a lot of it.
Damn Verizon / Samsung for butchering Android.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
With EF 3.5.1 her SMS ONLY sent blank messages, and it began randomly rebooting, she went to GV for a while to deal with the SMS failure, but then the recent random reboots made her not want to have that ROM either.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
Quick update, even with CM7 I sent myself a test text and it was blank...I almost feel I need to remove voodoo and go back to stock, and if that doesn't fix it, have her get a new phone at verizon, and since she doesn't care for all the nice features of rooting / ROMming, just use the new 2.2 update
Why can't all phones just run stock Android =\

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
However I have found in the hours I've spent roaming forums, finding the stock SBF is a pain, if you know where the link is, please do tell, will be looking at it and refreshing this page every 5 minutes or so. I've literally spent at least 10 hours trying to fix her phone in the past month or so since the update came out, and I feel like the best bet would be to throw it at a wall and hope she has insurance, not sure if we have it on this phone or not...
I feel like homer in that episode where it goes back to when he had his kids and ripped all his hair out.