I know you all can help me...Bricked? Droid

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by TheIceCable, Apr 16, 2011.

1. TheIceCable

TheIceCable Member

I am a relative rookie messing with any android OS, but all the info on this site has helped me do some tremendous things to my D1. However, I am in a bit of a bind now. I am rooted (super one click), I am overclocked (800Mhz) and running Cyanogen Mod 6.1. Which was running great. I was having no issues at all. Until I decided to use terminal emulator to change the color of a widget. I put in the commands but Like a dumbarse I hit the back button and all hell broke loose. When i went to reboot my phone is stuck on the M logo bootloop and WILL NOT boot into recovery. Can i fix this or have I killed my phone? How do I fix it? PLease any help would beg great. Just in case I get the whole "Search first" comment that appears alot on here....I did that already, and found nothing.
  2. jr313

jr313 New Member

Did u make a back up of ur configs bfore the mishap if u did the boot into recovery and restore ur last backup...id not the ur gna have to sbf back to life
  3. jr313

jr313 New Member

4. TheIceCable

TheIceCable Member

I did back up everything, but I cannot seem to get it to go into recovery mode to restore it. I tried the X option, several times but it just keeps repeating the M logo and then When i finally let go of the X the cyanogen Android pops up and it keep repeating. How do I SBF I have never done that.
  5. jr313

jr313 New Member

Just use the link itll be the same process as unrooting..then u reroot ur phone...make sure u read thoroughly tho...very important...make sure ur phone is full charged if possible

Sent from the phone that makes all other phones bow down
  6. TheIceCable

TheIceCable Member

I want to thank you for the help, I used sbf and and now rooted the right way running CM6 and loving it. Once again, thanx for the help.
  7. jr313

jr313 New Member

No prob bro thats what we do round here ive bn saved more than once by da droid forums family...just glad i could help...

Sent from the phone that makes all other phones bow down
Search tags for this page

how can you tell if you fully bricked your phone