bricked kyocera hydro life help!

miki

Reaction score
hello i bricked my hydro life after installing drivers using chainfire3d root im aware theres no custom recovery yet. its stuck in a bootloop is there a way to fix it or am i screwed any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. p.s. i already factory reset through stock recovery to no avail. please heeelp!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
What carrier is this phone with?....I am not familiar with that phone....hopefully one of our members is and can give some assistance....

sent from my sexy Note 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum @miki! Sorry I'm not familiar with this device but hang in there and hopefully one of our many knowledgeable members can swing by soon & give you a hand.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
hello i bricked my hydro life after installing drivers using chainfire3d root im aware theres no custom recovery yet. its stuck in a bootloop is there a way to fix it or am i screwed any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. p.s. i already factory reset through stock recovery to no avail. please heeelp!

Hello @miki I am sorry to hear of your trouble. While I am not familiar with the phone, I know that one simply does not brick their phone installing drivers. Can you explain in detail the steps you were doing when the phone started to boot loop?

Also, can you link the tutorial that you used?

Also, to find the drivers, you can go to Kyocera's support site and download the proper drivers for the phone. In order to fix this, you might have to flash the stock firmware to the phone. This will wipe all of your data most likely.

OP
M

miki

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the effort and timely response. The app I installed is called chainfire3d its a 2 part app, pro @ standard. I installed both I can't remember the name of the driver i installed through above app but I'm 99% sure it was the only driver within the app I installed it (I didn't heed the warning saying driver may brick device It didn't occur to me the bootloader hasn't been cracked yet so flashing is out.) This phone was released less than 6 months ago thanks either way

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
It seems that you might have to flash a new firmware to get the device back up and running.