I know there's been a million posts on this but it has to be possible!

Insidious

Reaction score
what I'm wondering is if there's any way to extract the actual blur version on the D3 or Bionic and do some tweaking and taking out the physical add ons to the phone (like if its coded to work with a certain cpu or something). Essentially, in laymans terms: Is there any way to physically extract the blur from one phone, do some tweaking and flash it on another blur phone? Sort of like how they've done with the Thunderbolt and sense 3.0/3.5?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes but it is a royal pain in the ***. Me and Aceoyame have been working on porting a MS2 rom that is 2.3.4 blur to the D2G and havent really had alot of luck.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Yes but it is a royal pain in the ***. Me and Aceoyame have been working on porting a MS2 rom that is 2.3.4 blur to the D2G and havent really had alot of luck.

Dang I can see how it is, I wish you guys the best of luck and a big thanks for attempting it! If you guys get something running id be more than glad to test things out.

Jonas

Reaction score

Angel, would this be as simple as decompiling the system apps, and pulling out the coding, and then recompiling the apps to create an app that would be functional on D2G? If it's this "simple", or something close to it, I have been wanting to learn about porting, and would love to try to help you guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all of the function settings and setup built into the framework? So you would have to take the time to take apart the entire framework, and just piece it back together?

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
I bet its hard to get the blur itself to run well with the phone. Just getting everything reformatted would be annoying. If anyone wants to teach me how to port I could help work on it :)

Jonas

Reaction score
I bet its hard to get the blur itself to run well with the phone. Just getting everything reformatted would be annoying. If anyone wants to teach me how to port I could help work on it :)

Look over on XDA. They have some pretty legit guides on themeing and porting. That's where I started. Id be more than interested on working on some of this too. I don't have a lot of spare time, since joining the air force, but I would love to help where I can.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Most of it is nothing more than replacing libs, props, and changing permissions. The problem with the MS2 port is getting our radio to init. Everything else works great we just can't get service on it....

Sent from my D2G

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Most of it is nothing more than replacing libs, props, and changing permissions. The problem with the MS2 port is getting our radio to init. Everything else works great we just can't get service on it....

Sent from my D2G

That's exciting that the ROM itself boots. Is it the 3D 4.5 version blur, or is it the kind we've seen on like the DX2 or Photon? And the radio always seems to be the red-headed step child when it comes to porting. Best of luck on it. If you feel like posting what you've got I could take a look at I maybe.