I installed the latest leaked ICS update...here is my story

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is anyone totally happy with ICS on the Rezound? I have installed the leak. I have run roms and stock ICS. I am rooted with s-off

It seems like ICS is still a little laggy compared to GB for me. Not necessarily laggy on Rosie launcher, but when going into apps or settings. It seems like a GPU problem to me. I have tried "force gpu" and turned animations off. Anyone else experience this? It seems to run smoother on my Galaxy Tab 2 which has official ICS, omap processor and touchwiz.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anyone totally happy with ICS on the Rezound? I have installed the leak. I have run roms and stock ICS. I am rooted with s-off

It seems like ICS is still a little laggy compared to GB for me. Not necessarily laggy on Rosie launcher, but when going into apps or settings. It seems like a GPU problem to me. I have tried "force gpu" and turned animations off. Anyone else experience this? It seems to run smoother on my Galaxy Tab 2 which has official ICS, omap processor and touchwiz.

I'm completely happy with ICS. I'd be happier if I could get AOSP/AOKP ICS. But I'm dealing with Senseless ICS just as well. It's running fairly well for me. I think some of the optimizations that the ROM devs cook up really take the "lag" out of the stock ROM.

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Is anyone totally happy with ICS on the Rezound?
So far, yes, very happy. Everything works and works well. Everything is faster and more stable.

It seems like ICS is still a little laggy compared to GB for me.
Yikes...not even. Certainly not compared to stock GB. I am running Apex launcher...even with live wallpapers, I am getting high frame rates and it is silky smoooth. Apps and screen transitions are much faster.

Not necessarily laggy on Rosie launcher, but when going into apps or settings. It seems like a GPU problem to me. I have tried "force gpu" and turned animations off. Anyone else experience this? It seems to run smoother on my Galaxy Tab 2 which has official ICS, omap processor and touchwiz.
This is the smoothest I have ever seen ICS run on a phone. It is smoother than the Galaxy Nexus IMO. And I am not even rooted...I am running Apex Launcher on the stock leaked update.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm completely happy with ICS. I'd be happier if I could get AOSP/AOKP ICS. But I'm dealing with Senseless ICS just as well. It's running fairly well for me. I think some of the optimizations that the ROM devs cook up really take the "lag" out of the stock ROM.

I have run some ICS Roms from my favorite developers after installing the leak, and there is still lag between menu items in apps and settings screens for some reason. For example going to the bookmarks screen within the internet browsser takes a solid 3 seconds for me. I am on stock rooted ICS now, because it seems to be running the quickest so far. ICS has just never ran to optimum performance on my device. It's better after the leak, but their is lag still. I wonder if it is Sense.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far, yes, very happy. Everything works and works well. Everything is faster and more stable.

Yikes...not even. Certainly not compared to stock GB. I am running Apex launcher...even with live wallpapers, I am getting high frame rates and it is silky smoooth. Apps and screen transitions are much faster.

This is the smoothest I have ever seen ICS run on a phone. It is smoother than the Galaxy Nexus IMO. And I am not even rooted...I am running Apex Launcher on the stock leaked update.

Maybe its a hardware problem with my phone then. Maybe the processor is crapping out or something.

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah, that is possible. Could also be an issue with an app you have running in the background maybe?

Sense 3.6 is definitely improved...it is not the resource hog that it used to be. Apex launcher is smoother than Sense though...especially the app drawer "fly in fly out" animation.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is possible. Could also be an issue with an app you have running in the background maybe?

Sense 3.6 is definitely improved...it is not the resource hog that it used to be. Apex launcher is smoother than Sense though...especially the app drawer "fly in fly out" animation.

Yea I have tried Nova and Apex Launchers, and starting from scratch and not installing any apps. Still the same issues. I am not sure what is going on. How many seconds does it take you guys to open settings, messages or bookmarks menu in browser?

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Seconds? It doesn't take any time at all. It opens immediately for me. I don't think it even takes 1 second.

It sounds like you might have hardware issues. The only way to know for sure is to go back completely to stock and start over. I have been told that it is an involved and scary process, but it can be done.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have s-off so I should be able to go back ok. It ran fine on GB. I also have another Rezound I can try. It's a Verizon like new one. I will try the official ICS on that when it's released. At least now I know its my phone and not a common issue.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm running Go Launcher ex with the leaked ics and it runs very smooth. I'm loving this.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

mckeeseth

Reaction score
Is S-Off required in order to update to this latest ICS leak? If I'm still factory am I better off waiting for the OTA?

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Is S-Off required in order to update to this latest ICS leak?
No. In fact, I don't think you can install it at all if you have S-off. The closer you are to stock the better when it comes to installing the leak. The leak is basically just like an official release.

If I'm still factory am I better off waiting for the OTA?
Technically, yes, you will always be better off waiting for OTA. It's just a question of whether you have the patience or not. Installing the leak is a compromise people can make if they don't want to wait for HTC and Verizon to get off their asses and release the OTA.

mckeeseth

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about doing it as the 603MB file slowly downloads. I've got a couple hours left. The DL speed is very slow and varies from 19-120k/s. Server congestion, I'm thinking.

FATRAY

Reaction score
You can install the leak with or without s off

I'm installing it now on my almost new Rezound 100% stock. Wouldn't reboot into the loader for anything, finally pulled the battery before trying it and it's installing. Someone failed to mention you have to pull the battery first. :blink: Or I didn't see that part.