my bionic won't install ics leak

nachumama

Reaction score
Ok i'm kinda new to the scene, and i'm having lots of problems installing leaked ics into my phone... here's what i have

• system version 5.9.905.xt875.verizon.en.us
    android version 2.3.4
    the phone is rooted
    i've installed rom manager
    safestrap 1.07
    bionic bootstrapper

i've rebooted into recovery using safestrap, enabled safe mode, then cleaned cache, wiped data factory reset, dalvik...

the rom i'm trying to install is the ics leak for droid bionic.I've placed it in the dowload folder in internal sd card and in the root of external sd card. it keeps saying "e:can't open /sdcard/bionic.ics.zip, (bad) installation aborted, and if i use the internal hard drive, it says the same thing... I've downloaded the ics leak many times from different sources and no rom is installing.... I've downloaded a couple of bionic roms and i get the same errors no matter what rom....any suggestions on how to solve this problem? please help.
thanks
nachumama

Wilder0221

Reaction score
Ok i'm kinda new to the scene, and i'm having lots of problems installing leaked ics into my phone... here's what i have

• system version 5.9.905.xt875.verizon.en.us
    android version 2.3.4
    the phone is rooted
    i've installed rom manager
    safestrap 1.07
    bionic bootstrapper

i've rebooted into recovery using safestrap, enabled safe mode, then cleaned cache, wiped data factory reset, dalvik...

the rom i'm trying to install is the ics leak for droid bionic.I've placed it in the dowload folder in internal sd card and in the root of external sd card. it keeps saying "e:can't open /sdcard/bionic.ics.zip, (bad) installation aborted, and if i use the internal hard drive, it says the same thing... I've downloaded the ics leak many times from different sources and no rom is installing.... I've downloaded a couple of bionic roms and i get the same errors no matter what rom....any suggestions on how to solve this problem? please help.
thanks
nachumama
First let me worn you once you install a leak beyond 6.7.232 there is no going back to 5.9.905

You have to flash the ICS leaks in stock recovery. Power off your phone-hold both volume rockers(up and down) and power button at the same time. Toggle down to recovery and then toggle up to select. Make sure the leak you want to flash is on SD Card-Ext.

OP
N

nachumama

Reaction score
Hey thank you guys for your replies... I'm going to try to install the ics leak using the instructions you guys gave me. again thanks and i'll let you know what happens.

OP
N

nachumama

Reaction score
Hey thank you guys for your replies... I'm going to try to install the ics leak using the instructions you guys gave me. again thanks and i'll let you know what happens.

OP
N

nachumama

Reaction score
followed the house of bionic instructions and always get a msg saying

" Please check input file. Either xml format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing... I've rebooted both the pc and the phone several times and still get the msg when using hob method... I then just tried using rsd lite 5.7 to install bionic ics leak and still same msg. I had safestrap and removed it before started doing all of this. The only thing i have is bootstrap installed.

Does any one know what the error msg means?"

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Usually a corrupt installation of HoB. Fully uninstall it, redownload all of the components, reboot the PC, reinstall all of the HoB components in order, and try again.

OP
N

nachumama

Reaction score
i'm on 902 right now, what will installing hob do to my phone? will it just upgrade to 905 or upgrade to ics?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm on 902 right now, what will installing hob do to my phone? will it just upgrade to 905 or upgrade to ics?
You're trying to install it without even being clear on what it does? Read the thread, plus the FAQ thread. Until then, don't even THINK of installing it.

OP
N

nachumama

Reaction score
forget it, i'll just keep it on 905 and take ics ota when it comes... thanks for all your help everyone.

deduct

Reaction score
nachumama said:
forget it, i'll just keep it on 905 and take ics ota when it comes... thanks for all your help everyone.

Sorry you could not get it installed. You are probably better off waiting anyway. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.