I installed the latest leaked ICS update...here is my story

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by JeffDenver, May 9, 2012.

1. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I have run some ICS Roms from my favorite developers after installing the leak, and there is still lag between menu items in apps and settings screens for some reason. For example going to the bookmarks screen within the internet browsser takes a solid 3 seconds for me. I am on stock rooted ICS now, because it seems to be running the quickest so far. ICS has just never ran to optimum performance on my device. It's better after the leak, but their is lag still. I wonder if it is Sense.

2. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8

Maybe its a hardware problem with my phone then. Maybe the processor is crapping out or something.

3. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, that is possible. Could also be an issue with an app you have running in the background maybe?

Sense 3.6 is definitely improved...it is not the resource hog that it used to be. Apex launcher is smoother than Sense though...especially the app drawer "fly in fly out" animation.

4. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yea I have tried Nova and Apex Launchers, and starting from scratch and not installing any apps. Still the same issues. I am not sure what is going on. How many seconds does it take you guys to open settings, messages or bookmarks menu in browser?

5. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Seconds? It doesn't take any time at all. It opens immediately for me. I don't think it even takes 1 second.

It sounds like you might have hardware issues. The only way to know for sure is to go back completely to stock and start over. I have been told that it is an involved and scary process, but it can be done.

6. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I have s-off so I should be able to go back ok. It ran fine on GB. I also have another Rezound I can try. It's a Verizon like new one. I will try the official ICS on that when it's released. At least now I know its my phone and not a common issue.

7. LoudRam

LoudRam Silver Member

Ratings:
    +346
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G7
    Twitter:
    @Loudram
    I'm running Go Launcher ex with the leaked ics and it runs very smooth. I'm loving this.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

8. mckeeseth

mckeeseth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is S-Off required in order to update to this latest ICS leak? If I'm still factory am I better off waiting for the OTA?

9. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    No. In fact, I don't think you can install it at all if you have S-off. The closer you are to stock the better when it comes to installing the leak. The leak is basically just like an official release.

Technically, yes, you will always be better off waiting for OTA. It's just a question of whether you have the patience or not. Installing the leak is a compromise people can make if they don't want to wait for HTC and Verizon to get off their asses and release the OTA.

10. mckeeseth

mckeeseth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about doing it as the 603MB file slowly downloads. I've got a couple hours left. The DL speed is very slow and varies from 19-120k/s. Server congestion, I'm thinking.

11. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You can install the leak with or without s off

12. FATRAY

FATRAY New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm installing it now on my almost new Rezound 100% stock. Wouldn't reboot into the loader for anything, finally pulled the battery before trying it and it's installing. Someone failed to mention you have to pull the battery first. :blink: Or I didn't see that part.

Search tags for this page
can you reverse verizon update to rezound
can you undo verizon rezound update
installing the official verizon ics on my rezound

rezound android police 4.03.605.2 ph98img.zip

rezound system unzipping updating loop